Ramaphosa supports call for rich countries to donate 5% of their vaccines to 'needy nations'

rvZA

While I am not a fan, I do agree with President Biden of the USA. Countries like South Africa should stop begging and rather start looking at manufacturing their own vaccines. Let the first world countries first look after their own people, cure them from the virus, recover their economies and then start looking at poorer countries. Covid-19 changed the rules of the game. Everything is changing.

Blue Shirt

Mr Ramaposer, please have some selfrespect and stop with the ****ing begging-bowl attitude already. You're just reinforcing the stereotype poor African attitude.

You can do better better man, try it and maybe you will see the light.

RVQ

Expert Member
Considering rich nations had to preorder and pay to fund multiple vaccine development resulting in oversupply, 2022 will most likely see rich nations delivering much of this access to the developing world. I'm interested to see if UK supports EU before the rest of the world considering the vaccine rollout is expected to hit peak by June this year in the year after which take up will drastically decline

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
The math on that doesn’t seem to check out. The 1st world has a fair bit sure but 5% of that isn’t gonna go far.

I mean Africa alone is like a billion+ needy people

TheChamp

Honorary Master
The math on that doesn’t seem to check out. The 1st world has a fair bit sure but 5% of that isn’t gonna go far.

I mean Africa alone is like a billion+ needy people
I don't think the idea was that 5% will cover all of Africa. There are already vaccines being bought by individual countries and others being donated by UN and others.

R13...

Honorary Master
While I am not a fan, I do agree with President Biden of the USA. Countries like South Africa should stop begging and rather start looking at manufacturing their own vaccines. Let the first world countries first look after their own people, cure them from the virus, recover their economies and then start looking at poorer countries. Covid-19 changed the rules of the game. Everything is changing.
Ramaphosa also said the same but this article has chosen to focus on this 5% which is a call by Macron and that other guy.