Ramaphosa wants to introduce a new school certificate below matric

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Ever get the idea that we're going in circles? It's like they're re-implementing that which they took away.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
What the ANC is doing to the education system is a travesty, I shudder to think what kind of rubbish will be looking for jobs in 30 years.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
What the ANC is doing to the education system is a travesty, I shudder to think what kind of rubbish will be looking for jobs in 30 years.
It won't be a problem since there won't be any jobs to look for in the first place.

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
He's actually not wrong with this part:
Delivering the keynote address, Ramaphosa called on the basic education sector to focus on a number of critical areas which include:

• Early childhood development;
  • Developing and implementing a comprehensive strategy on improving reading;
  • Promoting inclusivity, efficiency and quality;
  • Strengthening care and support for learners; and
  • Developing capabilities in data analytics, coding, the internet of things and blockchain technology.
He clearly didn't get the memo from Angie though.....

R13...

Honorary Master
Not an entirely bad idea really as long as they fix the rest of the education system's quality issues. There actually used to be an exit path at grade 10 or earlier back in the good 'ol days. It allowed people to enter technical colleges (now FETs) and I think some even went on to teaching direct from there.

Sumen

Expert Member
Forward thinking president sitting in a backwards thinking party.
His got some good points but will they let him do it ?

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
How about a Certificate for Corruption. Many anc leaders could at least hang something if not themselves.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Dear President,

The ANC has fscked up the education for 2-generations of pupils. The 3rd-generation is currently within the system and are having the worst of it. If you are unable to address the current problem with education, introducing something new to try and wangle the existing system is not going to succeed whatsoever.

Regards,
Mostly Everyone.

P.S.: You'll notice I called the kids pupils, not learners. I noticed the ANC changed that around 14-years ago and that too had no beneficial result either.