Rand goes below R13.30 to the US dollar

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Give me a $ for R10 and I am so out of this cesspit

The exchange is a reflection of confidence in SA. If it improves drastically, it implies things should be better here. Since the DA took charge of NMB, Tshwane and Joburg, I'm interested to see if things pick up. Not to mention the general decline of cANCer popularity.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Has to be one of the most annoying things on these forums when a person slags off an entire country.

Almost as annoying as people not being allowed to rightfully state their frustrations about the country on a public and free-for-all forum.

Milano

Honorary Master
Has to be one of the most annoying things on these forums when a person slags off an entire country.

Things are not that bad in SA.

You both with your CT tendencies, some of us live outside CT in the real SA :D Seriously though, CT may be cushioned to some extent but there is no barrier. SA's problems are CT's problems sooner or later, one way or another.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Yes, its happening there, and they'll find solutions to it. This place... not even Jesus' coming would help it.

You both with your CT tendencies, some of us live outside CT in the real SA :D Seriously though, CT may be cushioned to some extent but there is no barrier. SA's problems are CT's problems sooner or later, one way or another.

Am I the only one who thinks things might get better in SA and not worse?

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
so when are you leaving, or is it easier to just sit here and complain all day

Hahaha. Leaving the country isn't a prerequisite for being unhappy with the country. If it weren't for critics, every country in the world would be in a state of permanent regression. If you choose to ignore the realities, it doesn't mean everbody needs to
1425_3.jpg

Milano

Honorary Master
The exchange is a reflection of confidence in SA. If it improves drastically, it implies things should be better here. Since the DA took charge of NMB, Tshwane and Joburg, I'm interested to see if things pick up. Not to mention the general decline of cANCer popularity.

The exchange rate is tied to so many factors that it is possible to have a perfect storm of negative factors weaken the exchange rate hugely, or a perfect run of positive factors strengthen the exchange rate hugely. All the while, the situation on the ground may have changed little to promise better 5-year, 10-year and 15-year forecasts for livability.

SweetFennyAdams

Expert Member
Am I the only one who thinks things might get better in SA and not worse?

Dream on. The anarchy in Gauteng will start next week when the EFF efectively takes control with its ultra-left veto powers. THEY will be the deciders on budgets and macro policy issues as their vote can swing towards ANC or DA policies at any time.

The DA is in for a vigerous challenge trying to pull Gauteng councils straight again. It took a few years for the DA to swing the Cape Town Council around after the ANC wrecked and pillaged the place after just one term. ZANC have been managing Gauteng metros for 20 years. The ANC skeletons which are going to be released from the proverbial cupboard by the DA (resulting from retrospective internal audits) are going to be epic.

Politics in Gauteng is about to get vey dirty.

Last edited: