Rand goes below R13.30 to the US dollar

JStrike

Honorary Master
Has to be one of the most annoying things on these forums when a person slags off an entire country.

Yep. Almost tempted to give him the exchange rate he desires on the condition he leaves the country for good

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Dream on. The anarchy in Gauteng will start next week when the EFF efectively takes control with its veto powers.
The DA is in for a vigerous challenge trying to pull Gauteng councils straight. It took a few years for the DA to swing the Cape town Council around after the ANC pillaged the place.

/waits for saturns to tell you to eff off out of the country

saturnz

Honorary Master
Hahaha. Leaving the country isn't a prerequisite for being unhappy with the country. If it weren't for critics, every country in the world would be in a state of permanent regression. If you choose to ignore the realities, it doesn't mean everbody needs to
View attachment 382991

he has stated previously he wants to leave, theres been many reasons for him to leave but he is still here

I have no issue with people complaining, but if you want to leave then leave.

Milano

Honorary Master
Things are not that bad in SA.

Look at what's happening in France, Turkey and even the US.

Oddly, your eyes are wide open to problems in the US and France, yet you see things as not that bad in SA. That must be a difficult space to occupy cognitively. Turkey of course is far more complicated.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Yes, its happening there, and they'll find solutions to it. This place... not even Jesus' coming would help it.

These articles about the strengthening rand must be killing you softly and slowly.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
he has stated previously he wants to leave, theres been many reasons for him to leave but he is still here

I have no issue with people complaining, but if you want to leave then leave.

Fair enough.

Priapus

Executive Member
Dream on. The anarchy in Gauteng will start next week when the EFF efectively takes control with its ultra-left veto powers. The DA is in for a vigerous challenge trying to pull Gauteng councils straight again. It took a few years for the DA to swing the Cape Town Council around after the ANC wreched and pillaged the place after one term. ZANC have been managing the place for 20 years. The skeletons which are going to be released from the proverbial cupboard by the DA (fraud and corruption findings resulting from audits) will blow us away.

Politics in Gauteng are about to get vey dirty.

Yes it will get worse. But that's the way it goes. It will get worse but once the dust has settled the DA will be in a good position to carry the metros and SA forward. It's not all doom and gloom and I am too, hopeful that we are about to start improving and not going backwards. Sure, its going to take,literally, bloody sweat and tears - but thats what it took for our democracy to be born 22 years ago.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Yes it will get worse. But that's the way it goes. It will get worse but once the dust has settled the DA will be in a good position to carry the metros and SA forward. It's not all doom and gloom and I am too, hopeful that we are about to start improving and not going backwards. Sure, its going to take,literally, bloody sweat and tears - but thats what it took for our democracy to be born 22 years ago.

Man I hope you're right.

alanlesley

ive been to hong kong this year, **** is expensive there, paid 57hkd for a pack of cigarette, and food is also expensive, a big mac was like 36hkd, airport food was ***** expensive.

Milano

Honorary Master
Am I the only one who thinks things might get better in SA and not worse?

Opinion is clearly divided. They may get better. Or they may get worse. Whoever said SA is on a knife edge is correct. Has been for decades. If you are married to that then that is your choice and your right.

Milano

Honorary Master
ive been to hong kong this year, **** is expensive there, paid 57hkd for a pack of cigarette, and food is also expensive, a big mac was like 36hkd, airport food was ***** expensive.

Expensive relative to what? So McD's outlets are all empty and nobody smokes?

thestaggy

Honorary Master
These articles about the strengthening rand must be killing you softly and slowly.

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

The ANC is still in power, they're still rallying around Zuma, economic growth is next to non-existent, we're heading in to ''strike season'', we are still not clear of a ratings downgrade and our economic hub (Jo'burg) is heading for tough times as a minority council will have to battle to pull things right in the face of ideological challenges.

This country is at a precipice. It can bliksem off the edge of the cliff quite easily.

The_Assimilator

Executive Member

Yes.

so when are you leaving, or is it easier to just sit here and complain all day

News flash, rocket surgeon: emigrating isn't as easy as just jumping on a plane. It requires planning, preparation, and cash.

If you're able and willing to arrange me a permanent residency visa in the country of my choice, plus cover my relocation expenses, then you can tell me I'm a complainer all you want.

If not - shut your stupid mouth.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Oddly, your eyes are wide open to problems in the US and France, yet you see things as not that bad in SA. That must be a difficult space to occupy cognitively. Turkey of course is far more complicated.

You are incorrect.
Merely pointing out that there are other countries with issues and there are many who are much worse off.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Be that as it may, R13.30 is a hellauva lot better than R21.10

Milano

Honorary Master

Revisiting this point. Accepting that things could get better or could get worse. The question is this: How much better could they get? And how much worse could they get? Everything aside, SA has the potential to get a whole lot worse in the worst case scenario, and the potential to get only fractionally better in the best case scenario (or remain the same). Now try that with Aus, Canada, US, UK and the potential looks a whole lot different according to forecasts by top international economists.

Lupus

Honorary Master
So if we had to believe the financial analysts we should be at 20+ by now. Think we are almost back to where we were a year ago

saturnz

Honorary Master
Yes.

News flash, rocket surgeon: emigrating isn't as easy as just jumping on a plane. It requires planning, preparation, and cash.

If you're able and willing to arrange me a permanent residency visa in the country of my choice, plus cover my relocation expenses, then you can tell me I'm a complainer all you want.

If not - shut your stupid mouth.

who was talking to you, trying to feel included?

maybe you shut up okay