Rand sinks as South Africa plans record bailout for Eskom

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Rand has been recovering slowly since this... and if I was looking at a crypto currency, the way the rand jumped before it dropped. That looks like a pump and dump.

Mila

Honorary Master
Ohh increase time.
3% is all we can afford because ANC.

They might not be allowed to say it but that is the gist of it.

gamer16

Executive Member
Screw Eskom, South Africa, the Rand and the ANC. Very soon I'm outta here. Leave it to the poor, long suffering tax payers to try bail out and cover Eskoms and the ANC's corrupt, thieving, wasteful and greedy asses. They'll never learn.
True that, and its so repetitive over and over again, but noooooo being racist is wrong. That's like saying you shouldn't be angry at cancer, you should accept it and share some of your resources with it. Well now look whats happening FFS, if you can't call a **** spade a **** spade then the continuation of **** spades is guaranteed now isn't it.

krycor

Honorary Master
found that curious too...Treasury says 3 and Public Enterprises 10
It impacts the way it looks, not sure if it was taken into account with the debt forecast either. I reckon Moodys will give a negative outlook albeit 'positives' happening and that's really best case as personally i think SA should be downgraded to junk.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
It impacts the way it looks, not sure if it was taken into account with the debt forecast either. I reckon Moodys will give a negative outlook albeit 'positives' happening and that's really best case as personally i think SA should be downgraded to junk.
I'm praying for junk, but expecting Moody's to chicken out like they always do.

krycor

Honorary Master
I'm praying for junk, but expecting Moody's to chicken out like they always do.
this is what I think too.. but it's just delaying the inevitable as post elections if there is no drastic reduction in workforce, usual strikes etc then we gonna hit junk.

I prefer junk before elections.. let South Africans know what hell we in rather than the fake stability which is allowed to be sold to voters.

Gordon_R

Executive Member

Craig

Honorary Master
Apparently, there is a quick fix in getting this whole ESKOM thingie sorted out :

Can't we rather sell KZN, to whoever would be stupid enough to want to buy it? Just drop Zuma there before the sale, build a wall, and not only do we get moola, but we are rid of him and Badwill Leechatini (maybe send Steve out as well just before we start on the wall).