Rant about Tymebank worthless services

eg2505

Honorary Master
So I opened a Tymebank account, strictly for Crypto purchases, as they aren't Nazis like FNB is with Crypto.

got hit with one of those SMS scams, the one where you need to click on a bit.ly link and login to a fake website,
wasn't thinking straight, and entered my details, (stupid me) , school fees for next time I guess.

luckily wasn't a lot in the account, like R300 or something to that effect,
anyway called Tymebank fraud department,(told me I'm stupid, I already know) and told me they will "investigate"
gave them the details of who sent me the SMS, and left it at that.
(did see the fraudsters had a nice meal at a Steers in KZN)

10 days later get a SMS, the "investigation" is complete, you dont get a refund, sorry,
was a bit Pissed off, but okay, was only R300 school fees I guess.

now the real fun begins,
I phoned and phoned and phoned them, every-time they create a case to unblock my account,
and every time it goes round and round, they close the ticket without me being able to get into the account,

been this way for months now, nothing seems to change, sent them a DM on twitter now, hopefully somebody other than the braindead call centre helps,
not sure if there is a Tymebank rep on mybb?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
101 in life, hard lesson, school fees for life ! "NEVER trust a sms or something looking dodgy!"

eg2505

Honorary Master
101 in life, hard lesson, school fees for life ! "NEVER trust a sms or something looking dodgy!"
yip, School fees for the next time,
I guess you only learn the hard way despite all the warnings.when it does happen to you.

3WA

Honorary Master
Unfortunate reality of TymeBank. Works when it works, but if you have a problem that needs customer service, that may be the end of the road.

Perhaps try banking ombudsman?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I must say, you clicked on the link with the fake page ! Any bank would say its your fault !

I work with someone who got his flexi emptied ! The bank took his laptop and couldnt find any spyware etc installed, and they refunded him.

s898

I must say, you clicked on the link with the fake page ! Any bank would say its your fault !

I work with someone who got his flexi emptied ! The bank took his laptop and couldnt find any spyware etc installed, and they refunded him.
Wonder how did they empty the account? Don't they need OTP etc?

eg2505

Honorary Master
that's what I also thought, but tymebank security leaves a lot to be desired,
at least it wasn't too much, and I learned something I guess.

now unblck my account your creatures, so I can buy Crypto again!

killerbyte

Expert Member
Why would they give you your money back? Its not a credit card.
You gave out your details, its not their fault.

Can't blame you for getting irritated with them not unblocking your account.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Why would they give you your money back? Its not a credit card.
You gave out your details, its not their fault.

Can't blame you for getting irritated with them not unblocking your account.
school fees for next time, luckily it wasn't a lot of money,
but unblock my account already... even the "ambassadors" at PNP were useless, just called the call center on my behalf.
let me speak to them, rinse repeat, yes yes, it will be unblocked, guess what, nothing...

zerocool2009

Executive Member

I seriously have no clue ! If they have your banking details (as in login), with FNB or Nedbank no OTP is send.

A flexi is a linked account (as in bond). Well, glad this guy got R300k refunded !

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
So I opened a Tymebank account, strictly for Crypto purchases, as they aren't Nazis like FNB is with Crypto.

got hit with one of those SMS scams, the one where you need to click on a bit.ly link and login to a fake website,
wasn't thinking straight, and entered my details, (stupid me) , school fees for next time I guess.

luckily wasn't a lot in the account, like R300 or something to that effect,
anyway called Tymebank fraud department,(told me I'm stupid, I already know) and told me they will "investigate"
gave them the details of who sent me the SMS, and left it at that.
(did see the fraudsters had a nice meal at a Steers in KZN)

10 days later get a SMS, the "investigation" is complete, you dont get a refund, sorry,
was a bit Pissed off, but okay, was only R300 school fees I guess.

now the real fun begins,
I phoned and phoned and phoned them, every-time they create a case to unblock my account,
and every time it goes round and round, they close the ticket without me being able to get into the account,

been this way for months now, nothing seems to change, sent them a DM on twitter now, hopefully somebody other than the braindead call centre helps,
not sure if there is a Tymebank rep on mybb?
Pop them an email so you'll have a paper trail.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Send Money "real tyme" doesn't ask for otp.

This means when you logged into internet banking which now requires otp they were in and send money to their own account probably.