• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Rare cars on SA road

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
It would be nice to see some pics of cars you don't see often on SA roads. Let me start.

Been eyeing this one for a while now, looks pretty sweet even if it is a VW. My guess would be that it's a British import.

sIMG_20130925_090513_stitchj.jpg
3-Door Golf 4

Outlaw

Nope thats a local Golf.
Looks to have some suspension damage or you need a better phone...

Outlaw

Saw what was a Porsche Speedster, got all excited & took pics.
Searched the web and realised it could be a replica, went to see it again, it was a rep:crying:

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Panorama warped the pic, nothing wrong with the car.

Seen an A2 as well, and I liked it.
2012-03-01-101_crs.jpg

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
If they were sold here then why are there so little around? Its the first time I see one.

brixton tower

Expert Member
Driving in Cape Town one sees a lot of odd, rare cars which are shipped over by expats. The weirdest one I've seen recently was the IFP's Mario Ambrosini driving out of Parliament with an old school (1980s) Lincoln Towncar complete with Virginia plates...the thing looked so rickety, I wonder If he even managed to get it serviced.

Other than that rare sight most of the weird cars are either shipped in from the UK/Germany with their native plates, or Japanese secondhand imports with Botswana/Namibian/Congolese plates. Nothing to write home about really. I'll stand in awe if I see a fully kitted out Dodge Ram or Chevrolet Silverado truck.

pboy

Expert Member
there are 2L golf 4 2doors here in jhb as well.
I know a few guys from the vw forum who bought them brand new from the vw dealerships.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
There is that guy in Somerset West who own a huge collection in classic cars, especially muscle cars. Then it is quite normal to see a Supercar in Helderberg and another guy who lives in Gordon’s Bay owns a Maserati (don’t know which model), but is apparently the only one in SA… And yet another guy in Gordon’s Bay who owns a number in limited edition cars which he stores next to the airport.

Pics no, but when Helderberg had that huge blaze, that guy with the classic cars had to move all his cars down the mountain which he stores on his property there, had some serious security patrolling his cars later that day which was parked all over the place.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Could not believe my eyes when I saw this beauty one day, I seriously would not mind having one (after ordering the right badges from Germany)
2012-06-29-071.jpg

M3mPh1z

I seen a Jaguar E-Type driving out of Goodwood the other day, purely because of the area I assume its a kit, lol

greg0205

Honorary Master
Guess we'll need some time to get around to posting actual pics if the thread starts here... Joburg's wall to wall with crazy cars... Plenty Ferraris, Astons (got passed by a V12 Vanquish yesterday... first one I've seen on the road), Maseratis and so on. Coolest car I've seen this year 'tho was a yellow, Bumblebee Camaro. LHD and all.

Messugga

Executive Member
Guess we'll need some time to get around to posting actual pics if the thread starts here... Joburg's wall to wall with crazy cars... Plenty Ferraris, Astons (got passed by a V12 Vanquish yesterday... first one I've seen on the road), Maseratis and so on. Coolest car I've seen this year 'tho was a yellow, Bumblebee Camaro. LHD and all.
I spend a good chunk of time around Sandton City as most of my clients are in the area. You see a hell of a lot of exotica and rare cars. I've seen several mp4-12c's, plenty Astons, Rolce Royce, classic muscle cars, lamb's, ferraris, etc.
I should actually take some pics.