Rare cars on SA road

Outlaw

I spend a good chunk of time around Sandton City as most of my clients are in the area. You see a hell of a lot of exotica and rare cars. I've seen several mp4-12c's, plenty Astons, Rolce Royce, classic muscle cars, lamb's, ferraris, etc.
I should actually take some pics.
Well then they're not rare...

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Supercars are always rare, and nice to see. I was thinking of ordinary cars like that 3 door Golf which could have been sold in small volumes or imported.

beans100

Honorary Master
My neighbor has 2 odd cars, a Morris Minor and a Russian SUV, Lada Niva.
I will take some pics tonight when I get home.

purpleonlineadmin

I spend a good chunk of time around Sandton City as most of my clients are in the area. You see a hell of a lot of exotica and rare cars. I've seen several mp4-12c's, plenty Astons, Rolce Royce, classic muscle cars, lamb's, ferraris, etc.
I should actually take some pics.
William Nicol from Hyde Park to Bryanston I usually call exclusive cars stripway considering most of those dealerships are also there. From Rolls' to Bentley's, Maserati's, Ferrari's, Lambo's, you'll see them all.

The only place I ever saw one of these rarities out of place was a dealership in Crown Mines, near Lanlaagte (A silver grey Lambo Gallardo).

Last edited:

Fazda

Honorary Master
It would be nice to see some pics of cars you don't see often on SA roads. Let me start.

Been eyeing this one for a while now, looks pretty sweet even if it is a VW. My guess would be that it's a British import.

View attachment 74369
3-Door Golf 4
If it's not a 1600 it might be one of the ones that VW Motorsport played with.

A guy who rallies with me has an identical one with a 2 litre motor in it that was tweaked by VWMS - beautiful car and quick as hell.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
That's a 1.6 I know its supposed to be very humdrum and not flashy bit I like it. Pity we did not get 3-door Astras in SA, except for the OPC.

saturnz

Honorary Master
I seen a Jaguar E-Type driving out of Goodwood the other day, purely because of the area I assume its a kit, lol
Is it red? The owner lives in my building if its the same car, its stored in Adderley Park. Anyway the one is Adderley Park is an original E Type. I'll try to sneak a pic of it but its usually under a car cover.

saturnz

Honorary Master
This is my car, what makes it unique and rare is that it is one of 500 or so cars produced with full aluminium front, basically the doors fenders and bonnet are all aluminium.

The car is not standard and running an e36 2.8 24v turbocharged motor.

325isturbo.jpg