Rare cars on SA road

PhireSide

Executive Member
Spotted an AMG GT-S in Selenite Grey in town over the past weekend. The first thing that came to mind was how low and wide it was compared to the other cars on the road. A proper road-hugger! The colour was quite nondescript, much like the example below:

Also quite odd was that it had the usual EC number plates on - usually cars >R1m here all have vanity plates on :p

Anthro

Expert Member
Spotted an AMG GT-S in Selenite Grey in town over the past weekend. The first thing that came to mind was how low and wide it was compared to the other cars on the road. A proper road-hugger! The colour was quite nondescript, much like the example below
<snip>
Also quite odd was that it had the usual EC number plates on - usually cars >R1m here all have vanity plates on :p
Saw one drive past me last week - what a machine, what a road presence !!

WAslayer

Expert Member
Spotted an AMG GT-S in Selenite Grey in town over the past weekend. The first thing that came to mind was how low and wide it was compared to the other cars on the road. A proper road-hugger! The colour was quite nondescript, much like the example below:

Must be a lease and monthly payments are pinching the pockets enough to make vanity plates too expensive..

Moereloos

Never really given the moon landing mush thought. However there is a reflector array on the moon that was left behind for future generations to bounce lazers to prove they were there. My sisters son's science group did a experiment using lazers when he was in varsity and they got a bounce back.
I wonder if the drip pan comes standard with Land Rovers.
View attachment 718494
It's not standard, but I see this is the basic drip pan mod.
The 'deluxe' model has a mobile drip pan with a built-in oil pump that pumps the oil to the top of the cylinder head from where it leaks back into the engine.

oldhat

Expert Member
According to be badge on the bonnet, its a Bonito GT, which does appear to be a kit
Not unusual to find a Bonito badge on a Hahn SP as it is very much the same car under the skin.

Mr. Hahn had originally imported a Fiberfab Bonito kit, and after assembling it, decided to produce a variant more suitable for South Africa. The resulting Hahn SP had amongst other changes: removal of the GT40 style bonnet scoops, different rear light apertures to accept local VW units, larger side scoops to aid cooling and a redesigned upper body to accept front, side & rear glass from common, locally produced vehicles.

The car pictured has a curved C pillar and quarter glass of the Hahn SP, which is quite different from the angular original Bonito design.