Rare cars on SA road

Chingha

Expert Member
You just don't see many of these around anymore i had forgotten how good looking they are
de2f9e75565b00041d52eb5ad3d715e3.jpg

Last edited:

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
You just don't see many of these around anymore i had forgotten how good looking they are
de2f9e75565b00041d52eb5ad3d715e3.jpg

This 1988 BMW M6 is finished in Royal Blue Metallic over Natur leather and was reportedly modified for former The Tonight Show bandleader ‘Doc’ Severinsen in 1988 by Superformance Inc. of Santa Monica, California.

1632808268264.png

The seller acquired the car as a non-running project on BaT in May 2015, and work completed since has included rebuilding the 3.5-liter S38 inline six and turbocharger, porting and polishing the head, an overhaul of the air-conditioning system, and replacement of the drivetrain components, wheels and tires, and interior trim.

1632808292476.png

1632808322518.png

1632808354127.png

This E24 M6 is now offered at no reserve in Colorado with over $100k in service records since 2015, a stamped service log, manufacturer’s literature and accessories, a clean Carfax report, and a clean Nebraska title in the seller’s name.

eg2505

Honorary Master
They not, they bought from usa and converted to right hand drive. Think the shop is in durban that does the conversions.
is it like the F250 we get that you need a Truck (code 10) license to drive?

also converting to RHD must be expensive,

I mean how do they do the whole dashboard to accommodate the steering wheel,
aren't Dashboards injection molded these days, so what you get is what you get,
unless they actually make/import a completely different Dashboard for RHD and install that.

and that explains the European style taillights he has, as they aren't the American ones you usually see.

epah

Expert Member
is it like the F250 we get that you need a Truck (code 10) license to drive?

also converting to RHD must be expensive,

I mean how do they do the whole dashboard to accommodate the steering wheel,
aren't Dashboards injection molded these days, so what you get is what you get,
unless they actually make/import a completely different Dashboard for RHD and install that.

and that explains the European style taillights he has, as they aren't the American ones you usually see.
look them up on auto trader and you will see how much they going for. Converting is expensive but the taxes hurt even more

eg2505

Honorary Master
look them up on auto trader and you will see how much they going for. Converting is expensive but the taxes hurt even more
what dealer is it? (US trucks)?
Damn those things are expensive, so many Hiluxes one could buy for the price of one of those,

but if you want to pretend your a cowboy in Africa, you could get one of those,

find myself wondering if they-ll import something else American to our Shores?
a US miltary humvee? or a crown Vic, in police spec? or even a NSA Spec Black Tahoe

so many iconic vehicles, but they settle on a Dodge Ram, Why?

epah

Expert Member
what dealer is it? (US trucks)?
Damn those things are expensive, so many Hiluxes one could buy for the price of one of those,

but if you want to pretend your a cowboy in Africa, you could get one of those,

find myself wondering if they-ll import something else American to our Shores?
a US miltary humvee? or a crown Vic, in police spec? or even a NSA Spec Black Tahoe

so many iconic vehicles, but they settle on a Dodge Ram, Why?
Well South Africans love bakkies so there is a market for those. They have ford F150/250s and the Rams.

i have even seen dodge hellcats but mostly registered in lesotho or Botswana to avoid taxes and conversions.

Nithan15

Expert Member
It's alot of money for a "Yaris" but from what I've seen and read, its a lot of vehicle for the money. Yes there are cheaper, yes there are more powerful, but for what you get and the bit of exclusivity, I think its pretty worth it. Just as a side note, the battery is in the boot - to help even out the weight distribution.
Like an Audi and a BMW :laugh:

Chingha

Expert Member
Excuse the pic, it is a screen shot of a dash cam video but is isn't every day you spot a 250 SWB on the road.

Don't know if it is original or not but what a stunning thing.
30866d87e415ff8c2902503dcad2d8bd.jpg

Ecco

Executive Member
I

I would be terrified to drive that thing on our public roads...

He was keeping his distance from any cars for quite a while. I had to wait quite a bit for him to pass me to get a chance to take the pic.

Then he opened her up a bit, beautiful sounding machine.