Raspberry Pi 4 launched - These are the SA prices

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Early review samples quoted a SATA port, seems that didnt make it to production so that is pretty sad.
The biggest problem the Pi has is with storage and the unreliable SD cards.
Yes you can go USB/SATA converter but its pretty slow comparatively and some distros dont understand to look for the storage drive in the correct place.

I was running hass.io on a 3b+ but after the 2nd SD card failure I gave up on that.

P924

Expert Member
Yes you can go USB/SATA converter but its pretty slow comparatively and some distros dont understand to look for the storage drive in the correct place.
Well, at least you have USB3 now, so that should be faster.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
The biggest problem the Pi has is with storage and the unreliable SD cards.
This.
Gave up on my B3 model after fiddling with the storage and getting too irritated to actually use it. Kodi ran like a dog on the damn thing, eventually managed to get an OS installed and running from a USB3 stick on the USB2 interface, ran better but was still a k@K solution and pain in the ass.
Sata would have been awesome.

Nemoneiros

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
With full Gigabit and USB 3.0 I think we're going to see a firewall and router specific OS before the end of the year, probably OPNsense.

Daruk

Honorary Master
This.
Gave up on my B3 model after fiddling with the storage and getting too irritated to actually use it. Kodi ran like a dog on the damn thing, eventually managed to get an OS installed and running from a USB3 stick on the USB2 interface, ran better but was still a k@K solution and pain in the ass.
Sata would have been awesome.
Your SD card was at fault then. Kodi, Retropie, all running flawlessly on basic 32Gb SD card from Adata on mine.