• Poor

Votes: 140 22.7%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 355 57.6%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Please rate the performance of the Minister of Trade and Industry, Ebrahim Patel, in relation to his work during the COVID-19 crisis.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Well, I will Patel you this, if it wasnt for this clowns unsympathetic view on the local textile industry, I may still be in the local industry in SA.
But he had a hand in f**king that up too.

Apparently South Africans prefer Cheap Chinese Chit which you still werent able to get till the full moon.

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
Minister Patel was average right up until he arbitrarily decided that spaza shops could not be open, creating food deserts in townships and forcing people to queue up for hours to buy food at other stores that may have been further away.

Then he was poor right up until he decided to make selling hot food against the law, all because he misspoke in an interview, and he leaned up against his buddy NDZ to make a single gazetted notice to enforce this.

And he's been beyond pathetic in banning all food and goods delivery services and only reopening up ecommerce once it was clear that he was going to lose numerous court challenges if that was to continue. Hundreds of thousands of business could have continued limited operations during the lockdown, providing employment and even job creation as they would need to hire delivery drivers.

hashbrown99

Expert Member
I rate him "sandals to be worn as shoulder pads on the 6th crescent moon of the summer solstice, but only if it is not worn as an under garment" / 5
Please add this as an option. Could have come straight from the master Minister Patel himself :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

ebendl

Expert Member
Minister Patel was average right up until he arbitrarily decided that spaza shops could not be open, creating food deserts in townships and forcing people to queue up for hours to buy food at other stores that may have been further away.

Then he was poor right up until he decided to make selling hot food against the law, all because he misspoke in an interview, and he leaned up against his buddy NDZ to make a single gazetted notice to enforce this.

And he's been beyond pathetic in banning all food and goods delivery services and only reopening up ecommerce once it was clear that he was going to lose numerous court challenges if that was to continue. Hundreds of thousands of business could have continued limited operations during the lockdown, providing employment and even job creation as they would need to hire delivery drivers.

thanks for the reminders. Changed my vote from "poor"to "pathetic".

Reactions: LBS

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
Im rating all these ANC officials as Excellent. For their diligent efforts in exposing themselves to the voters as greedy, moronic, manipulative and corrupt. For every vote they have managed to push the way of the opposition - I slowly rise and slow clap. Thank you for bringing the merits and values of the ANC to the fore on a world stage.

Cammie

Any minister of T&I who hamstrings the country's revenue sources, at a time when it needs them most, by banning almost all forms of free trade and ecommerce, on the basis that it is "unfair", does not belong in that portfolio. He is, indeed, beyond pathetic. Mr Ramaphosa urgently needs to fire or retire him, and put someone with business and common sense in that job. COMMON sense please, not COMMIE sense.

This Minister is like a baby's nappy in that he needs to be replaced urgently - for the same reason! Politicians should always obey two rules - the First Rule is do NOTHING that will destroy the economy and the Second Rule is always obey the first rule!