• Poor

Votes: 150 21.1%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 135 19.0%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Please rate the performance of President Cyril Ramaphosa in relation to his work during the COVID-19 crisis.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Isn't this just basically the same as rating NDZ? I mean she clearly calls the shots, he's the mouth piece.

Cyril marginally edges the victory for me due to being more eloquent than the Zol.

Brian_G

Expert Member
Why all these separate NCCC-member threads, surely it's been seen that they act as a collective and in large part the forum members rarely see it otherwise.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
The 2IC is a useless piece of crud. So busy trying to please all the cadres - the public must suffer.

Reactions: LBS

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
I voted Average.

Overall he's done his job, and he exercised his powers in office to make a declaration of a state of disaster well before the pandemic got out of hand. Compared to most other countries, South Africa acted much earlier than most in securing her borders, and was transparent with the health services situation from the outset.

Does that mean that I take Ramaphosa to be responsible for the poor performance of his cabinet and the NCCC? No. He bears some responsibility for the inconsistent messaging and the u-turns we've seen so far. In addition, although there was adequate science on the effectiveness of public masking, he was too late in encouraging the public to wear masks.

And as one of the ANC Top Six, the discussions the party had behind closed doors should have ended up with NDZ agreeing to not overstep her bounds and to produce legislation that wasn't vague and unenforceable. Everything else, including the performance of the other ministers in the NCCC, is down to NDZ being given too much freedom to make things up as we went along. Ramaphosa bears responsibility for that.

What would have made him Good? NDZ needed to be reigned in, Patel should have been told to calm down, Cele should have been told that he's not a real gangster, and he should not have been hands-off when it came to the NCCC and the lack of oversight.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The President gets a bad rating from me because he has absolutely no control over the idiots serving on the NCCC
I need a rating above pathetic because he is better than the other that got the same rating but no way was I going to give him the benefit of the doubt by rating him "poor"

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
The prick couldn't even be on time for the majority of the addresses he did.
He is no better than any other pleb in the anc.

Last edited:
Reactions: LBS

Quicks

Expert Member
There is actually people that think he is doing a good or excellent job? WOW people have low standards these days.