RCS will not kill SMS in South Africa – Mobile networks

Nqindi

Expert Member
Why the füćk do people use Whatsapp. Its such a crap app.
WeChat is so much better, in so many ways.

Whatsapp seems to have taken off here in SA though. So I have to have it installed, even though it is garbage.
2 reason why I use WhatsApp.
  1. Ubiquitous
  2. More secure than WeChat

j4ck455

Executive Member
“While there has been a notable decline in person to person (P2P) SMS, there has been an increase in Application to Person (A2P) SMS,” said Telkom.
Yes there has, I call it spam.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Convenience vs. privacy: I go for the latter all day long. That is just a personal opinion. I can certainly understand people that don't mind

They have the decryption keys and your messages are stored on their servers I am sure their intentions are noble in offering this "free" service. Every wondered why they refuse to share their Transparency Reports?

If you are so concerned about backdoors then why would anyone use Telegram, which has obvious backdoors, and RCS which is transmitted in plain text? You are just virtue signalling.

Ag dude .... seriously. Use it, dont use it. I dont care.

RandomGeek

Expert Member
You think the Please Call Me "inventor" will be suing the GSMA about RCS infringing on his invention? ;)

j4ck455

Executive Member
You think the Please Call Me "inventor" will be suing the GSMA about RCS infringing on his invention? ;)
Why?

It's not like the guy claimed to have invented SMSes, he claimed to have been responsible for the Please Call Me Spam SMSes.

cpu.

Executive Member
Why the füćk do people use Whatsapp. Its such a crap app.
WeChat is so much better, in so many ways.

Whatsapp seems to have taken off here in SA though. So I have to have it installed, even though it is garbage.
WeChat made an attempt in SA, but I think all the extras like social killed it.

I want a chat app and WeChat was/is trying to be an all in one app.