Ready to cut the local Vumatel lines due to their bad service

jeevadotnet

At least got some feedback via Wondernet after e-mailing them every morning for 6 days. (cc`ed in the CEO and a reply followed a few minutes later)

I trust this email finds you well.

Apologies for the delayed feedback on this ticket. Please note that Vumatel completed a change to increase IP pool for Active Ethernet users in your area. The IP range you were on before did not transfer and due to the fact that your IP was statically assigned it failed to provide you breakout.

The IP range assigned to you now it the IP that you will use going forward. We can set that to static as well however the issues could come about again if the DHCP pool gets updated again.

I understand you are paying for the static but I can request we stop billing on that and let the service runs over DHCP.

Please let me know if there is any concerns on the above.

Regards

So this was all done by Vumatel without notifying line end users.

Still waiting for my open tickets at Vumatel to be addressed, since they just said "your line is down"... lol, what a joke

Messugga

Honorary Master
At least got some feedback via Wondernet after e-mailing them every morning for 6 days. (cc`ed in the CEO and a reply followed a few minutes later)

Apologies for the delayed feedback on this ticket. Please note that Vumatel completed a change to increase IP pool for Active Ethernet users in your area. The IP range you were on before did not transfer and due to the fact that your IP was statically assigned it failed to provide you breakout.

The IP range assigned to you now it the IP that you will use going forward. We can set that to static as well however the issues could come about again if the DHCP pool gets updated again.

I understand you are paying for the static but I can request we stop billing on that and let the service runs over DHCP.

Regards

Still waiting for my open tickets at Vumatel to be addressed, since they just said "your line is down"... lol, what a joke
So what's the point of this thread exactly?

Flywheel

Honorary Master
Earlier this week my Vumatel/Wondernet FTTH line went offline for 9 hours. During that time I was assigned a new IP.

Now you would ask, what is the problem?

In February 2019 when my FTTH was freshly in the ground & hanging from a telephone pole (Vumatel & Openserve), I phoned around and asked numerous ISPs which one will be able to offer me a static IP. I was reaffirmed by Macrolan (Then Seacom WC, now Wondernet, I guess at this rate their next name will be Megawan) and Vumatel on numerous occasions that they can offer me a static IP, therefore I signed up with them.

Then earlier this week my internet goes offline and I get assigned a APIPA-like IP allowing me only access to the local POP. After numerous hours on the phone with vumatel & wondernet they were able to "assign you a temporary dynamic ip". This whole sentence makes it seems easier than what it was. I first have to explain them how traceroute works and that I can ping 2 hops away so the issue is not my Fiber. I also told them that they have a subnet & VLAN tag issue and they have to assign me a new dynamic IP in the scope of their own ISP IP ranges.

Now here comes the issue, neither party can explain to me what happened to my static IP. There are 2 reference with Vumatel; 419049, 349049 with neither one being replied to.

I've also send an e-mail to Wondernet every single morning with no reply. When I follow up via phone or other channels they just inform me that a certain "Samuel Esau" will get back to me. To date nothing has happened.

Vumatel also promised me on Tuesday that someone will get back to me within 72 hours.

Now I'm not one for threatening behavior. Lets just say that I'm tired of being bullshitted, taken for a ride and generally fed up of bad service.

Therefore Vumatel, if you don't get back to my by 5 PM Monday 22nd of February, I will be cutting the local circuit. As you can see in the photo attached, my bolt cutter is ready.

And before anyone thinks, "he will be just be shooting himself in the foot, then he has no internet". I have a backup FTTH line with Openserve/Afrihost fiber, with a static IP, (thanks to @AfriNatic , @Afrihost-Gian for organising it this week withing a couple of minutes)

View attachment 1023914

just-do-it-43wgkr.jpg

jeevadotnet

So what's the point of this thread exactly?

Bad service, no feedback, uninformed vumatel service desk, no notifications of updates (change management), detachment between ISPs & FTTH provider(vumatel), escalations to no where, no one know whats going on. Vumatel being offline for over 200 hours the last 2 years. List goes go on....

But it is easy to see in this thread of people that live mediocre lives and think that mediocre support is fine. Luckily I have pride & perform my duties in the best of my ability.

Messugga

Honorary Master
Bad service, no feedback, uninformed vumatel service desk, no notifications of updates (change management), detachment between ISPs & FTTH provider(vumatel), escalations to no where, no one know whats going on. Vumatel being offline for over 200 hours the last 2 years. List goes go on....

But it is easy to see in this thread of people that live mediocre lives and think that mediocre support is fine. Luckily I have pride & perform my duties in the best of my ability.
Yeah but you're posting about this in a forum with no direct affiliation with Vumatel, so again, what's the point of this thread? You shat on the one dude who wanted to try and help you to solve the problem, so obviously you're not here for solutions. And then you have this huge superiority complex, which I find interesting, as you have no idea who any of the people in this thread are, what they do or what skillsets are.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic

Regards

Hol' up, how does FNO and IP's have anything to do with each other, I thought ISP's control the IP's for end users, yes I know the switching equipment has config but not for the end users. I stand to be corrected.

@AfriNatic @PBCool please clarify.

jeevadotnet

Yeah but you're posting about this in a forum with no direct affiliation with Vumatel, so again, what's the point of this thread? You shat on the one dude who wanted to try and help you to solve the problem, so obviously you're not here for solutions. And then you have this huge superiority complex, which I find interesting, as you have no idea who any of the people in this thread are, what they do or what skillsets are.
Help me... almost a week later.... bah haha, "awesome service". Btw, I know who most of the people in this thread are.

I've been around on MyBB, when it was still an IRC channel called #MyWireless with RPM and a bunch of the other clan, like Debbie etc... where they discussed creating a website.

So you clearly have no idea...

Messugga

Honorary Master
Help me... almost a week later.... bah haha, "awesome service". Btw, I know who most of the people in this thread are.

I've been around on MyBB, when it was still an IRC channel called #MyWireless with RPM and a bunch of the other clan, like Debbie etc... where they discussed creating a website.

So you clearly have no idea...
Holy ****, small man syndrome much?

jeevadotnet

Holy ****, small man syndrome much?
Yawn. Just another fool trying to get his thread counts higher on a forum.

"Shat on some guy trying to help you out". .... yeah, after the rest of his staff asked him a million times via whatsapp to update the ticket - also after his CEO had to be CC in. Clearly have to lead the donkey to the water first before getting out of it.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
I thought Afrihost didn't do static IP's.

I have phoned them multiple times as I need one for my work offices fibre line (also Openserve) and they claim they cannot assist :unsure:

ISP cash cow

Executive Member

"Shat on some guy trying to help you out". .... yeah, after the rest of his staff asked him a million times via whatsapp to update the ticket - also after his CEO had to be CC in. Clearly have to lead the donkey to the water first before getting out of it.
you are an absolute tit

jeevadotnet

Update: So apparently Vumatel send someone to the wrong house. As per their ticket, the FTTH supervisor was denied access to the lady at the property of a white house. Not my property, I don't have a white house either.

Logic would have it, if someone denies you access to a property if they logged a ticket you would follow it up with a phone call. Not a "please rate our service survey". What a joke.

Don't know why they want to do a site visit for a change on their side, but there was no one from Vumatel at my house....

jeevadotnet

I thought Afrihost didn't do static IP's.

I have phoned them multiple times as I need one for my work offices fibre line (also Openserve) and they claim they cannot assist :unsure:
its WIP, will be billable soon once it is added to the system
you are an absolute tit
You've got your right to your opinion, so do I. Like I say, thread bumpers much. Will rather argue how good, bad service is than contributing or not posting at all. Thread counter stat h0es are so 90's

epah

Expert Member
Update: So apparently Vumatel send someone to the wrong house. As per their ticket, the FTTH supervisor was denied access to the lady at the property of a white house. Not my property, I don't have a white house either.

Logic would have it, if someone denies you access to a property if they logged a ticket you would follow it up with a phone call. Not a "please rate our service survey". What a joke.

Don't know why they want to do a site visit for a change on their side, but there was no one from Vumatel at my house....
You do a whole lot of talking, can we just get to the point where you just cut the flippin cables now

isie

Honorary Master

@Messugga said you Shat on some one who tried to assist you on this forum, You shat on @PBCool - you not even with cool ideas - so WTF you going on about their CEO

Have you cut the cables as that's all we care about now

Messugga

Honorary Master
@Messugga said you Shat on some one who tried to assist you on this forum, You shat on @PBCool - you not even with cool ideas - so WTF you going on about their CEO

He's so important and busy with managing his cluster that he can't be bothered with trivial things like getting upset at the right people.

jeevadotnet

You clearly need to learn to read. CEO of Wondernet.

If @PBCool knew how internetz works they wouldn't have made such a stupid suggestion, since the topic was already covered in the earlier threads.

He's so important and busy with managing his cluster that he can't be bothered with trivial things like getting upset at the right people.
lol upset..... had a nice chuckle now.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeevadotnet

You do a whole lot of talking, can we just get to the point where you just cut the flippin cables now
You always have to give someone a timeframe to redeem themselves. A lady of Vumatel just phoned me informing me my contact details are wrong on their system and only Wondernet can change this.

Suprise: Last wednesday I told the Vumatel helpdesk my number is wrong on their system since someone at Wondernet made a typo. I also told her, to make a note of the right number EVENTHOUGH i know they can't update my number on their system. I ALSO e-mailed Wondernet last week to tell them _again_ (told them a few times in the last couple of years) to update my number on Vumatel's side.

The lady just told me, there is no note on the ticket. I told her its no my problem, I gave the details. Amateur hour. For some reason they also want someone to come and inspect my line the whole time, issue is not at my premises. It is at the cab / core, routing tables etc etc etc.

From what I can gather via the gripevine is, they upgraded a switch without copying the configs first and now they add it along as people are having issues.