Ready to cut the local Vumatel lines due to their bad service

isie

Honorary Master
You clearly need to learn to read. CEO of Wondernet.

If @PBCool knew how internetz works they wouldn't have made such a stupid suggestion, since the topic was already covered in the earlier threads.

lol upset..... had a nice chuckle now. go wiki GNAA
You can't follow the posts this thread , and you expect people to check your earlier threads?

any way it doesn't matter all that matters is have you cut the cables yet?

That's what we are here for.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
You do know if you were a nicer person and took this matter in a nicer way i am sure someone might have actually tagged someone who works for Vumatel that is on the threads?

You going off at Vumatel who do not deal with customers directly you need to go via your ISP which clearly were doing a **** job.... Then again Seacom probably tried to like de-peer Vumatel :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

BTW how is the state of the cables? Only reason i am still following

Dark Agent

Expert Member
We can go into detail, on how I manage multi-million rands of researching clusters , +90 000 CPU, thousands of terrabyte of memory + on hundreds of different networks.... openstack, ceph, blah blah. lets just say it is so big the cluster alone has its own data center.

First get your information right before just going "why not a VPN". This is not some dinky toy ISP.

You don't buy a car and 2 years later the dealer decides to remove your wheels with no explanation or feedback do you ?
Let me guess you worked for internet Solution. It explains so much.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I will be cutting the local circuit. As you can see in the photo attached, my bolt cutter is ready.
Wow. I promise our lawyers are better than yours. Expect a bill if you carry that out.

On the original point, you are welcome to pm me the details and I can look into it, although it seems your gripe should be with your ISP, not Vumatel.

jeevadotnet

Wow. I promise our lawyers are better than yours. Expect a bill if you carry that out.

On the original point, you are welcome to pm me the details and I can look into it, although it seems your gripe should be with your ISP, not Vumatel.
Nope, Vumatel made unplanned changes and by unplanned I mean really un-planned.

Gripe with Wondernet was for 9 hours at first (then another week to get back to me), that they don't know what happened on Vumatel side, and neither listen when I tell them that they need to release my IP and assign a routable block IP to get me going again. That I also have to show them how the internetz is put together.

Let me guess you worked for internet Solution. It explains so much.
Internet sh1tluions, .... no lol. more like research

jeevadotnet

You do know if you were a nicer person and took this matter in a nicer way i am sure someone might have actually tagged someone who works for Vumatel that is on the threads?

You going off at Vumatel who do not deal with customers directly you need to go via your ISP which clearly were doing a **** job.... Then again Seacom probably tried to like de-peer Vumatel :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

BTW how is the state of the cables? Only reason i am still following
naa, i posted it on here and then dropped the URL to all my {{vumatel contacts}} on whatsapp, twitter, e-mail

"Nicer person" is already out of the door and long gone last week. I'm more at the point in the movie where the protagonist do a drive-by at the involved parties houses or kids schools.

You get absolutely no good or reasonable service being the average Joe in this country. You always have to end up threatening someone before they jump.

Last edited:

8BitLife

naa, i posted it on here and then dropped the URL to all my {{vumatel contacts}} on whatsapp, twitter, e-mail

"Nicer person" is already out of the door and long gone last week. I'm more at the point in the movie where the protagonist do a drive-by at the involved parties houses or kids schools.

You get absolutely no good or reasonable service being the average Joe in this country. You always have to end up threatening someone before they jump.
Stop dodging the question tough guy. Have you cut the cables yet?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
You clearly need to learn to read. CEO of Wondernet.

If @PBCool knew how internetz works they wouldn't have made such a stupid suggestion, since the topic was already covered in the earlier threads.

lol upset..... had a nice chuckle now.
Vumatel have what they call technical areas, which is basically their logical split of physical areas.

What happens when these areas get too "big" they split them into additional technical areas, basically another access switch.

When doing so as an ISP you need to allocate new IP resources and Vumatel migrate customers over, this is done over a period of time and ISPs are given lots of notice.

So sounds like bad planning from your ISPs side, not Vumatels.

I still don't quite understand why a VPN wouldn't be a workaround?

Matt91

Expert Member
Vumatel have what they call technical areas, which is basically their logical split of physical areas.

What happens when these areas get too "big" they split them into additional technical areas, basically another access switch.

When doing so as an ISP you need to allocate new IP resources and Vumatel migrate customers over, this is done over a period of time and ISPs are given lots of notice.

So sounds like bad planning from your ISPs side, not Vumatels.

I still don't quite understand why a VPN wouldn't be a workaround?

tHaT's CoZ uR dUmB aNd Not SupEr Duper SmaRt liek Me.

-jeevadotnet

8BitLife

haha yeah bunch of illiterate idiots. lol . no wonder i dont really bother to post here the last 16 odd years or so
I'll come back after 5PM. I expect to see photos of cut cables...or some excuse you're going to use to try and weasel yourself out of this hole you've dug for yourself. 100% sure we will be seeing the latter.

newklear

Expert Member
haha yeah bunch of illiterate idiots. lol . no wonder i dont really bother to post here the last 16 odd years or so
Ja I hear you! You sound like an Ace guy, we should go for a beer after you have cut the cable and talk crap about all the illiterates!