Real newegg ships to sa now!!

ld13

Honorary Master
You know that for sure or are you assuming? There's a reason why Amazon state import fees deposit instead of just VAt.
They estimate VAT before checkout and state that the total does not include shipping and customs Duty yet. The final charge amount (vat and duties) is then displayed on checkout and is in line with what one would expect to pay for customs.

So no, no assumptions.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
What shipping company do they use? And does the same company handle the package once it enters this country?

quovadis

Expert Member
They estimate VAT before checkout and state that the total does not include shipping and customs Duty yet. The final charge amount (vat and duties) is then displayed on checkout and is in line with what one would expect to pay for customs.

So no, no assumptions.

I was referring more to the Amazon way of doing things vs Newegg since it's still relatively unknown. With Amazon they indicate and take a deposit for all expected import duties and taxes etc and will refund you if they inflate it. You'll only know with Newegg once someone has indeed processed a transaction with Newegg.

ld13

Honorary Master
I was referring more to the Amazon way of doing things vs Newegg since it's still relatively unknown. With Amazon they indicate and take a deposit for all expected import duties and taxes etc and will refund you if they inflate it. You'll only know with Newegg once someone has indeed processed a transaction with Newegg.
Sorry, misinterpreted your post.

They talk in some detail about this here: https://kb.newegg.com/knowledge-base/international-shipping/

Additional charges for customs clearance must be fulfilled by the recipient; Newegg has no control over these charges, nor can Newegg predict what they may be.
Hmmm.

You won’t be charged additional fees if the actual Import Fees exceed the VAT/GST & Duty we estimated.
Yay!

weelzSA

Expert Member
Has anyone actually placed an order and made payment and recieved shipping info yet?

That might give us an idea but on the other hand it could also be luck of the draw / what you order if there are any additional costs once landed in SA.

quovadis

Expert Member
Additional charges for customs clearance must be fulfilled by the recipient; Newegg has no control over these charges, nor can Newegg predict what they may be.

You won’t be charged additional fees if the actual Import Fees exceed the VAT/GST & Duty we estimated.
Those two sentences are in conflict obviously. Will wait for someone to report back with first hand experience.

ld13

Honorary Master
Has anyone actually placed an order and made payment and recieved shipping info yet?
Looked at doing that last night, but I am yet to find something that I need that is cheaper there, after all the extra fees etc. Opened newegg.com this morning, saw a nice cheap monitor on promotion, only to find I was on the US newegg and not on the SA newegg - we clearly do not have access to their whole catalog of products and promotions. :(

Those two sentences are in conflict obviously. Will wait for someone to report back with first hand experience.
Yep, unless the headings whereunder these fall, has an impact to the context.

Xiphan

This is great news because now I don't need to rely on a friend of mine to buy stuff for me and have it shipped to my AGS address. Also I have been eyeing the LG 34GK950F-B monitor because it's not available locally and this gives me another avenue to get it instead of just Amazon. :D

kolakidd

Do they charge duties upfront like Amazon does? If not, I would be amazed if they can get it through customs that fast. Would love to hear the feedback on this, because it's an awesome shopping option.

I've gotten an Amazon stocked item via Aramex in 5 days, not so via AramexGolbalShopper, that's more like 2 weeks.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
This is great news because now I don't need to rely on a friend of mine to buy stuff for me and have it shipped to my AGS address. Also I have been eyeing the LG 34GK950F-B monitor because it's not available locally and this gives me another avenue to get it instead of just Amazon. :D
That was what I was thinking too, buying stuff you can get locally for just a bit more is meh but now you can buy a bunch of things not available in SA.

weelzSA

Expert Member
OK so I just finished chatting to someone at Newegg on live chat regarding the shipping and VAT etc and this is what they had to say:

Connecting...
Waiting for agent...

Jun 6, 2019, 3:43pm
Please wait while we connect you to one of our agents.

Agent joined conversation

AgentJun 6, 2019, 3:44pm
Hello Kyle. This is Eva. I would be happy to assist you today.

Kyle Jun 6, 2019, 3:44pm
Hi Eva

When I go through the process of placing the order and selecting shipping type etc it shows my total payable including VAT - does the VAT include import duties and customs or is that a separate additional charge I will need to pay once the items arrive in South Africa?

Just a little confused

AgentJun 6, 2019, 3:45pm
Hey there Kyle. Just allow me a moment to double check that total cost for you.

Kyle Jun 6, 2019, 3:45pm
OK thanks. It will be sent to South Africa

AgentJun 6, 2019, 3:48pm
So the VAT does include import duties and fees, all those fees would be paid to the importing carrier by Newegg.

Kyle Jun 6, 2019, 3:49pm
OK so the final price I see on checkout will be my total cost delivered to my door - there won't be any additional costs once the items arrives in my country?

Also who does the delivery once landed in South Africa?

AgentJun 6, 2019, 3:51pm
I am unsure who will be making the final delivery to your location in South Africa. But all taxes and duties would be paid by Newegg with the VAT. If there is any delivery, brokerage or clearance fees required upon entry though, those would not be covered by this VAT.

Kyle Jun 6, 2019, 3:52pm
OK so any customs fees etc would need to be paid my myself then?

AgentJun 6, 2019, 3:54pm
Yes, that is correct. Not to say there will be any. But if your country does require additional fees for customs that would be at your cost.

Kyle Jun 6, 2019, 3:54pm
Great thanks so much for the help.

AgentJun 6, 2019, 3:55pm
You are so very welcome.

To be honest didn't really confirm or 100% answer but seems maybe the VAT will be used to pay for customs? Its unfortunate they can't tell who handles delivery once in SA but I don't see them using SAPO tho?

ld13

Honorary Master
AgentJun 6, 2019, 3:51pm
If there is any delivery, brokerage or clearance fees required upon entry though, those would not be covered by this VAT.
Kyle Jun 6, 2019, 3:52pm
OK so any customs fees etc would need to be paid my myself then?
AgentJun 6, 2019, 3:54pm
Yes, that is correct. Not to say there will be any. But if your country does require additional fees for customs that would be at your cost.
There lies the truth, I think. You might end up paying a clearance fee, but my gut tells me that you probably won't.

But yeah - no matter what the Newegg website or the big boss himself states, no one will know unless we start getting some real life feedback ...

netstrider

PCIe 3.0X4 is current MAX. You are good to go.
On Intel for the moment. New AMD mobos are 4th Gen PCIe which will help with storage solutions.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/corsair-announces-amd-x570-and-pcie-4-force-series-mp600-m-2-ssd-at-4950mbsec.html

Unleashed by the PCIe 4.0 ready AMD X570 chipset, the MP600 reaches new heights of enthusiast single-drive storage performance, delivering up to 4950MB/sec sequential read – ten times the performance of many SATA SSDs, and fifty times faster than some hard disk drives.

newby_investor

Expert Member
On Intel for the moment. New AMD mobos are 4th Gen PCIe which will help with storage solutions.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/corsair-announces-amd-x570-and-pcie-4-force-series-mp600-m-2-ssd-at-4950mbsec.html

Unleashed by the PCIe 4.0 ready AMD X570 chipset, the MP600 reaches new heights of enthusiast single-drive storage performance, delivering up to 4950MB/sec sequential read – ten times the performance of many SATA SSDs, and fifty times faster than some hard disk drives.
Right after I buy an X470 motherboard... oh well... :-/

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Ordered memory which out of stock on wootware, and the total cost is the same as wootware.

Will keep guy guys updated which what courier they use and costs.