Real newegg ships to sa now!!

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
The confirmation email does not show estimated tax, just shows it just as tax.

Subtotal:R923.99Tax:R152.41Shipping and Handling:R262.99Total Amount:R1,339.39

Arex

Was browsing for a specific part I needed, Newegg had similar prices as our south african stores when you factor in shipping and Vat, Shipping for some odd reason was R700 for something the size of your phone. Amazon had a much better price when including shipping and tax., at least for the item i wanted.

Ghost729

It seems not all items stocked on the US site are available on the South African site.

Bummer...

Xiphan

It seems not all items stocked on the US site are available on the South African site.

Bummer...
I noticed this as well. When I try to view the LG UltraGear 34GK950F-B Black 34" I get redirected to the 34GK950G-B instead. The latter of which is a G-Sync monitor that is available locally, the newer and higher refresh rate FreeSync 2 version is not available locally. :(

I wonder, since they now accept South African credit cards, if it will be possible to buy items from the US store and have it shipped to an AGS address? :unsure:

Hemps

Executive Member
R3127 for Nvidia Shield with Remote, is that good price?

Eish: Shipping total R1k

Bees ZA

Been looking at RTX GPU's and you can get some of them cheaper on newegg than in any online store in SA. Shipping, VAT and duties included. Some R1000 cheaper.

rambo919

Executive Member
It's a good alternative but close to identical with shipping to what wootware gives.... best to stick to local as long as wootware stays golden.... except for random odd things that are not available locally.

Demavend

I'm loathe to be a buzzkiller, but why are people so excited about this? The prices seem just as high as they are locally, at least the prices of GPUs.

Or is there a greater variety of stock available at Newegg than what we typically have access to over here?

Dan C

Honorary Master
I'm loathe to be a buzzkiller, but why are people so excited about this? The prices seem just as high as they are locally, at least the prices of GPUs.

Or is there a greater variety of stock available at Newegg than what we typically have access to over here?
Mostly variety ...

zolly

Expert Member
Bumping this up because I'm looking at the local pricing on AMD's R5X0 cards and wondering if people have gone bonkers. Wootware selling a RX570 8 gig for as much as 1660 (non-ti), even though the 1660 smooshes it. Can get a RX580 for anywhere between R700 and R1k less, including express shipping and taxes, from Newegg. (I was seriously thinking about a 1660 over an AMD card, but I have a Freesync monitor and don't want to risk losing the benefit of that).

What's the experience like for who've brought stuff in through Newegg?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
You can run freesync on nvidia cards also. My 1070 works fine with it. They recently added this.

Newegg is fine my shipment arrived quickly.

zolly

Expert Member
You can run freesync on nvidia cards also. My 1070 works fine with it. They recently added this.

Newegg is fine my shipment arrived quickly.
Is this for all screens? Heard that Nvidia only supports it through specific monitors?