Receiving SPAM calls from numbers associated with an ISP which is unwilling to help.

SwanXI

Hi everyone,

I am receiving spam calls with the same robot message, like 6-8 calls per day. These calls are from VoIP numbers, and I was able to track down the ISP responsible for the numbers associated with these calls.

After requesting assistance from the ISP, I am sure they blocked my contact details. Is there a legal way to force the ISP to take care of the SPAM account? It is not one of the main ISPs, so ISPA.org.za can not help. Also, I cannot block all the spam calls because the number keeps changing.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
SwanXI

mister

Executive Member
Check out Magicdude4Eva's blog on this
Unrelated to the issue at hand?

OP is complaining about spam calls originating from VOIP numbers that happen to be hosted by a specific ISP, and not spam calls from the actual ISP itself.

Kwerty

Expert Member
Company Rep
Hi everyone,

I am receiving spam calls with the same robot message, like 6-8 calls per day. These calls are from VoIP numbers, and I was able to track down the ISP responsible for the numbers associated with these calls.

After requesting assistance from the ISP, I am sure they blocked my contact details. Is there a legal way to force the ISP to take care of the SPAM account? It is not one of the main ISPs, so ISPA.org.za can not help. Also, I cannot block all the spam calls because the number keeps changing.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
SwanXI
You could try reporting them to their upstream provider.

SwanXI

Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback.

The ISP eventually contacted me yesterday and confirmed they did block the account responsible for the calls. I have not received any spam in the last week.

They did not respond to my mail last week, but they did eventually get back to me.

Cheers