Recieved E-Toll Invoice

CraZee

so....yesterday I received a posted account from Sanral from the beginning of December.

Is anybody else receiving accounts from them???

Btw, I am not registered with Sanral and dont ever plan to

House

Banned
so....yesterday I received a posted account from Sanral from the beginning of December.

Is anybody else receiving accounts from them???

Btw, I am not registered with Sanral and dont ever plan to

Of course you did. Everyone will receive invoices.

*Medusa*

I am highly irritated at Sanral. I got an sms on 2 Jan stating that I owe R379. I get another sms 5 minutes ago stating that I owe R1565...

Like WTF??????

A difference of R1186 in 8 days? I have not used any gantries in 7 of those 8 days. Are these exobirtant collection fees being added on or what?

@crazee, is this a detailed invoice?

House

Banned
Eventually I guess, I used the roads few days after they started have not received sms's nor emials or snail mail.

Well, according to the act they sent it. Whether you received it or not they are now free to continue taking actions against you. The fact that many people have started receiving invoices is a clear indication that they have sent out the invoices and that is all they need.

So, a bit of advice, if you want to save some money and not end up with debt collectors bothering you at home and work or later court cases, take the trouble in driving there or looking it up online and pay for your usage.

Despite what all people have said, the public, the DA, Outa, or JPSA, Sanral is playing well within their legal limits and they are doing it right. The only people who will get hurt at the end of the day is those who use the roads and refused to pay.

I can confirm that they will not arrest all non-payers in one day. Arrests and prosecution will be done selectively, but everyone will have their day in court and there will be little chance of getting off....

Glingfram

I am highly irritated at Sanral. I got an sms on 2 Jan stating that I owe R379. I get another sms 5 minutes ago stating that I owe R1565...

Like WTF??????

A difference of R1186 in 8 days? I have not used any gantries in 7 of those 8 days. Are these exobirtant collection fees being added on or what?

@crazee, is this a detailed invoice?

Those SMSes are probably not from Scamrail. (Even though I'd love to go on a Sanral bashing crusade.)

A useless system is being taken advantage of by scammers. That is all.

creeper

Executive Member
Anyone keen to send a lawyer letter to SANRAL after receiving the invoice, requesting clarification on how the amount was calculated as there are discrepancies between the Afrikaans and English gazetted tariffs.

F

Fudzy

Anyone keen to send a lawyer letter to SANRAL after receiving the invoice, requesting clarification on how the amount was calculated as there are discrepancies between the Afrikaans and English gazetted tariffs.

Have you got a boiler-plate? I was thinking it would be a good idea for OUTA to make a template to that effect.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I can confirm that they will not arrest all non-payers in one day. Arrests and prosecution will be done selectively, but everyone will have their day in court and there will be little chance of getting off....

'Course you can, bub.

herbertk

Expert Member
Well, according to the act they sent it. Whether you received it or not they are now free to continue taking actions against you. The fact that many people have started receiving invoices is a clear indication that they have sent out the invoices and that is all they need.

So, a bit of advice, if you want to save some money and not end up with debt collectors bothering you at home and work or later court cases, take the trouble in driving there or looking it up online and pay for your usage.

Despite what all people have said, the public, the DA, Outa, or JPSA, Sanral is playing well within their legal limits and they are doing it right. The only people who will get hurt at the end of the day is those who use the roads and refused to pay.

I can confirm that they will not arrest all non-payers in one day
. Arrests and prosecution will be done selectively, but everyone will have their day in court and there will be little chance of getting off....

LOL they won't even be able to arrest them in one year!

creeper

Executive Member
Have you got a boiler-plate? I was thinking it would be a good idea for OUTA to make a template to that effect.

Unfortunately, no. I was thinking of asking my lawyer to do it, otherwise ask JPSA / OUTA to assist. If SANRAL can't state accurately the amount an offender should have paid and there is a legal paper trail indicating the offender attempted to resolve the issue before being prosecuted, there is a possible opportunity to have it thrown out of court. If this representation is given with this evidence to the NPA, the NPA might not even pursue the prosecution. If SANRAL is in its 'legal' right, then it is time to find legal loopholes.

Zukat

Expert Member
Is it detailed invoice with pictures of all the gauntries you passed?
If not, then they cant prosecute as you never drove through those and your numberplates have been cloned.

Further the invoice must be original to comply with SARS.

F

Fudzy

It's probably a statement more than an invoice, unless it says invoice.

The_MAC

Executive Member
In the mail I got 2 envelopes, the one has the Correspondence and Transaction Report (i.e. Some Photos, gantries passed etc)

The other one had a Tax Invoice and Account Statement.

There is a full amount to pay and a 60% discounted amount to pay before a prescribed date.

My intention was to finally pay once I got an invoice, I am having second thoughts now, I don't want to break the law.
I wont be getting an E-Tag either.

House

Banned
In the mail I got 2 envelopes, the one has the Correspondence and Transaction Report (i.e. Some Photos, gantries passed etc)

The other one had a Tax Invoice and Account Statement.

There is a full amount to pay and a 60% discounted amount to pay before a prescribed date.

My intention was to finally pay once I got an invoice, I am having second thoughts now, I don't want to break the law.
I wont be getting an E-Tag either.

Just pay it.

By not registering you will at least help Sanral to settle their debt much faster.