(Recipes) Vegan Meals,Eggs & Dairy allowed,Low Carb,No Soya,LCHF

RedViking

Honorary Master
**Please not trolling and bashing Vegans. You can comment here if you have anything off topic to say or want to discuss the definition of a vegan. **

I am not a Vegan but I really I need recipes (that you have actually made) and ideas for mostly tasty vegetable meals.

• Milk and Eggs allowed
• No Soya
• Low or no Sugar
• No potato
• No Rice etc.
• No Corn

I really don't know what to do with vegetables. 95% of the time I cut sweet potato or butternut and fry it in the Airfryer. Cut cabbage and fry it in a pan. Or process cauliflower (cous cous texture) and fry it in a pan. Thats it. As you can see there are also a lot of products I can't use.

I need ideas and recipes for:

•Snacking/Lunch during the day
•Supper
• Sauces?
• Spices
• Oils

Any advice or ideas will be helpful. I am not a chef so recipes or link to recipes and how it is cooked will help me a lot.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Yup and sometimes buy the frozen ones, not the imported ones. The importanted ones have a rubbery texture

To make it is really easy 2 to 3l of milk heated to the point that the top layer cream, add lemon juice/vinegar, the curds will seperate from the whey. Drain with a cloth and keep 50ml of whey water and the curd on plate/tray and form it, then out another plate/tray on top with something weights heavy then leave in fridge for a few hours

saor

Honorary Master
Cut cabbage and fry it in a pan.
What's also nice is cutting thick slices of cabbage, putting on a baking tray with oil, salt, vineger spices etc. and bake. Tangy and tasty and soft inside, crispy on the outside.

Curry: Can remove the potato but what I do is chopped potato and assorted veg & spices into a pot and cook until the water has reduced. Don't need to serve with rice. Just a bowl of delicious veg curry. Maybe use butternut, sweet potato, squash etc. for the starchy potato alternative?

Roast vegetables.
So much easy, so much yum.

Oats? Grind to powder (coffee grinder works well) and mash with ripe banana and add blueberries...dollop onto baking tray for a house that smells like awesome and some decent breakfast. Cinnamon, coconut oil, salt over the warm treat as it comes out the oven.
oat.jpg

RedViking

Honorary Master
What's also nice is cutting thick slices of cabbage, putting on a baking tray with oil, salt, vineger spices etc. and bake. Tangy and tasty and soft inside, crispy on the outside.

Curry: Can remove the potato but what I do is chopped potato and assorted veg & spices into a pot and cook until the water has reduced. Don't need to serve with rice. Just a bowl of delicious veg curry. Maybe use butternut, sweet potato, squash etc. for the starchy potato alternative?

Roast vegetables.
So much easy, so much yum.

Oats? Grind to powder (coffee grinder works well) and mash with ripe banana and add blueberries...dollop onto baking tray for a house that smells like awesome and some decent breakfast. Cinnamon, coconut oil, salt over the warm treat as it comes out the oven.
View attachment 606134
Definitely gonna try all of this. Didn't know I can make cabbage in the oven. Wife can't eat oats, but I can. That looks damn nice.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Definitely gonna try all of this. Didn't know I can make cabbage in the oven. Wife can't eat oats, but I can. That looks damn nice.
Sounds like she needs to try an elimination diet unfortunately though it consists of eating nothing except for meat (usually chicken) and leafy green vegetables

maumau

Honorary Master
Delicious Keto rolls. I bake them at 200 for about an hour. Don't open the oven during the bake or they'll collapse....you can still eat them though. Also I use water just off the boil and mix everything with my hands. Why bother fiddling around with utensils.

What's nice about these is you only use egg whites so the bread doesn't taste eggy.

(Whisk the yolks with olive oil, a quarter teaspoon mustard powder and a splash of lemon juice for homemade mayonnaise. If you've never made it before have a quick Google for method.)

Rolls:
  • 300 ml (150 g) almond flour
  • 5 tbsp (40 g) ground psyllium husk powder
  • 2 tsp (10 g) baking powder
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 2 tsp cider vinegar
  • 225 ml boiling water
  • 3 egg whites
  • 2 tbsp (20 g) sesame seeds (optional)
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  2. Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don't over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
  3. Moisten hands and make 6 pieces of the dough. Place on a greased baking sheet.
  4. Bake on lower rack in the oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread. They're done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
  5. Serve with butter and toppings of your choice.

RedViking

Honorary Master
Delicious Keto rolls. I bake them at 200 for about an hour. Don't open the oven during the bake or they'll collapse....you can still eat them though. Also I use water just off the boil and mix everything with my hands. Why bother fiddling around with utensils.

What's nice about these is you only use egg whites so the bread doesn't taste eggy.

(Whisk the yolks with olive oil, a quarter teaspoon mustard powder and a splash of lemon juice for homemade mayonnaise. If you've never made it before have a quick Google for method.)

Rolls:
  • 300 ml (150 g) almond flour
  • 5 tbsp (40 g) ground psyllium husk powder
  • 2 tsp (10 g) baking powder
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 2 tsp cider vinegar
  • 225 ml boiling water
  • 3 egg whites
  • 2 tbsp (20 g) sesame seeds (optional)

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  2. Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don't over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
  3. Moisten hands and make 6 pieces of the dough. Place on a greased baking sheet.
  4. Bake on lower rack in the oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread. They're done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
  5. Serve with butter and toppings of your choice.
Thanks. I'm gonna try this!

RedViking

Honorary Master
Low Carb Zucchini Brownies

Serves: 16 Brownies

Low Carb Zucchini Brownies are so incredibly moist and fudgy AND flour-less and healthy! All in one bowl! Hello low carb lovers!
Weight Watchers: 2pp per brownie!

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup finely shredded zucchini (use the smallest blade on a cheese grater. It should look like a puree).
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil, measured in melted state (or sub with any vegetable oil you have)
  • 1 large egg
  • ½ cup natural granulated sweetener (or granulated sugar of choice — coconut; white sugar) *See Notes
  • 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
  • ¾ cup peanut flour
  • ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (or ¼ cup if you don’t like them too rich)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon sea salt
  • 4 squares Lindt 90% chocolate (or chocolate of choice), cut into pieces/chunks

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 176°C | 350°F. Line a 8×8″ baking pan with baking?parchment paper, or lightly grease with oil spray. Set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the zucchini, butter, oil, egg, sweetener (or sugar), and vanilla until well combined. Add the peanut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; folding through slowly until just combined. The batter will be thick but shouldn’t be dry. (It depends on how much liquid your zucchini has! If too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water). Fold in half of the chocolate chunks; pour batter into prepared pan; sprinkle remaining chocolate chunks over the top.
  3. Bake for 30 minutes or until the brownies spring back when gently touched. (If testing with a toothpick, they will be very moist in the centre BUT they do set and harden when removed from the oven.)
  4. Allow to cool completely (about half an hour); cut into squares and chill to semi-set.
  5. If storing at room temperature they’re best eaten within 2 days. If refrigerating, they last 3-4 days.

NOTES
I use a sweetener that measures 1:1 with normal sugar. If using a stronger sweetener, measure the amount needed for ⅓ cup normal sugar.

NUTRITION INFORMATION
Serving size: per brownie Calories: 71 Fat: 5.6g Carbohydrates: 4.3g Sugar: 1.3g Fiber: 1.6g Protein: 3.4g

1548143771802.png

thanks @PoppieChoffel for the recipe

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I am actually trying to scale down on the meat.
Maybe scaling down on meat consumption is the wrong solution?
If your veggie diet don't work out give it a try.

Any try this

2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake

Ingredients
  • 4 eggs - separated
  • 180 g dark or milk chocolate
Method
Preheat oven to 170° C. Line and grease a 20cm cake tin.
Melt the chocolate and set aside. Beat egg whites until stiff. Add the egg yolks to the chocolate once it has cooled down slightly.

Add 1/3 of the egg whites and stir through. Add another 1/3 of the egg whites and fold in with a big metal spoon. Add the last 1/3 of the whites and fold through gently - trying to keep in all the air and fluffiness.

Pour the batter into the prepared cake in and bake in the oven for 35 - 40 mins. Allow to cool before decorating or cutting.

**Just use a sugar free chocolate slab