(Recipes) Vegan Meals,Eggs & Dairy allowed,Low Carb,No Soya,LCHF

PoppieChoffel

@RedViking is dairy / cheese an issue? If not, try making a fathead pizza (essentially cheese on cheese - you cannot go wrong). This is a good base recipe, and add whatever toppings you prefer. I will be making this for supper tonight - cannot wait!

RedViking

Honorary Master
@RedViking is dairy / cheese an issue? If not, try making a fathead pizza (essentially cheese on cheese - you cannot go wrong). This is a good base recipe, and add whatever toppings you prefer. I will be making this for supper tonight - cannot wait!
Dairy is fine for me and for 2-3 weeks a month for my wife. During her treatment she can't have any dairy.

Please post some photos! (Oh I see there is a link) Looks yummy!

PoppieChoffel

Delicious Keto rolls. I bake them at 200 for about an hour. Don't open the oven during the bake or they'll collapse....you can still eat them though. Also I use water just off the boil and mix everything with my hands. Why bother fiddling around with utensils.

What's nice about these is you only use egg whites so the bread doesn't taste eggy.

(Whisk the yolks with olive oil, a quarter teaspoon mustard powder and a splash of lemon juice for homemade mayonnaise. If you've never made it before have a quick Google for method.)

Rolls:
  • 300 ml (150 g) almond flour
  • 5 tbsp (40 g) ground psyllium husk powder
  • 2 tsp (10 g) baking powder
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 2 tsp cider vinegar
  • 225 ml boiling water
  • 3 egg whites
  • 2 tbsp (20 g) sesame seeds (optional)

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  2. Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don't over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
  3. Moisten hands and make 6 pieces of the dough. Place on a greased baking sheet.
  4. Bake on lower rack in the oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread. They're done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
  5. Serve with butter and toppings of your choice.
The other half used this recipe tonight to make a mini loaf in our air fryer. He subbed chickpea flour for the psyllium simply because we didn't have any, but turned out great, thanks for sharing the recipe!

DSC_0465.JPG DSC_0466.JPG

PoppieChoffel

I prepped this last night for the other half to chuck in the oven when I leave the office today Cheesy Cauliflower alla Vodka Casserole – Low Carb

The shop I went to yesterday didn't have double thick whipping cream, so I bought double cream plain yoghurt and subbed that in my sauce, as well as in the mixing of the cauliflower. I also added double the parmesan (because, CHEESE!) and topped ours with torn bits of mozzarella. It's rather scary how much I am looking forward to dinner later :p

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I prepped this last night for the other half to chuck in the oven when I leave the office today Cheesy Cauliflower alla Vodka Casserole – Low Carb

The shop I went to yesterday didn't have double thick whipping cream, so I bought double cream plain yoghurt and subbed that in my sauce, as well as in the mixing of the cauliflower. I also added double the parmesan (because, CHEESE!) and topped ours with torn bits of mozzarella. It's rather scary how much I am looking forward to dinner later :p
Sounds fab.

But I hope you are not a vegetarian if you are adding parmesan :erm:

PoppieChoffel

Sounds fab.

But I hope you are not a vegetarian if you are adding parmesan :erm:
I did ask earlier if cheese / dairy was sometimes permissible for @RedViking 's wife - vegetarian's eat dairy and cheese, it's vegan's who don't :p I suspect we should change the title of this thread to make more sense if dairy is sometimes permissible, but low carb / gluten free is still the goal - @RedViking ?

RedViking

Honorary Master
I did ask earlier if cheese / dairy was sometimes permissible for @RedViking 's wife - vegetarian's eat dairy and cheese, it's vegan's who don't :p I suspect we should change the title of this thread to make more sense if dairy is sometimes permissible, but low carb / gluten free is still the goal - @RedViking ?
Vegan Meals,Eggs & Milk,Low Carb,No Soya,LCHF

:unsure: