Recommended furniture removals Joburg to Cape Town

bromster

Executive Member
Has anyone had any surprisingly good or bad experiences with furniture removals companies recently? I am paying for it myself, so I am looking for good service and better value. :)

Much obliged.

orin76

Expert Member
Used Biddulphs to move from Joburg to Cape Town 2 years ago and I will never use them again. All my large furniture and appliances were either scratched, stained or broken. Their insurance is also a major pain and they only really cater for big damages. Scratches, abrasions and dents are not considered. Good luck.

Drone 42

Whatever you do DO NOT use Aran, they are useless. Just read all the complaints on hello Peter. Really had a bad experience with them.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I've used EeziMove to move within JHB. They do inter city as far as I know. Very good service.

bromster

Executive Member
Thanks peeps. I'm in the process of getting quotes from Biddulphs and Eezimove among others. Might skip Biddulphs if your experience was that bad orin.

For the record, Pickfords no longer has a selectable inventory. They want you to specify each and every item individually to get a quote. I will just tell them to come and look for themselves.

EDIT: Does anyone know anywhere in the east rand where I can get cheap rolls of bubble wrap?

Last edited:

TaLamia

Within the Gauteng region I have used QuickMovers twice to move house and were very pleased both times in terms of their speed and lack of any damage (provided you pack your boxes well on your end first) but I don't know if they transport to CT though.

surface

Honorary Master
We had good experience with keymoves but within johannesburg, however they do nationally as well. Get a quote st least.

atomcrusher

Expert Member
When I retired, and relocated from Gauteng to the Western Cape, I used a company called Brytons Removals

They are not one of the 'mainstream' removal companies such as Stuttafords and Pickfords, but Brightons was recommended to me by a friend who had experienced good service from them in the past.

I moved my entire house contents to the WC using them, and they quoted significantly less than the 3 other removal companies I received quotes from.

They were very efficient, and wrapped every item carefully, and catalogued each item. I also took out insurance via them for the transported household goods moved, but did not need to institute a claim

Their service at my new destination was also good (the same team that packed by stuff in Jhb also unpacked it at my new WC premises), and I had no damage to my possessions at all.

Caveat ... this was 3 years ago, so I have no idea if they are still as good as they were when I used them

bromster

Executive Member
I have requested a quote from pickfords 3 times through multiple channels and they haven't so much as returned my call. Biddulphs is cheapest so far and their price includes packing, insurance etc which is nice. However, I am skeptical to use them based on the above story regarding an actual claim.

I will continue to get quotes from all of these recommendations. Luckily I have time on my side for once.

gfmalan

Expert Member
Bianca Swart
Internal Sales Executive
Pickfords Removals SA
Pretoria
Tel +27 (0)12 804 7449
Fax +27 (0)12 804 0292|+27 086 576 5482
bianca@pickfords.co.za
Website www.pickfords.co.za

She helped me, all was arranged in 3 days