Recommended Modern Rental Accommodation in Cape Town

bromster

Executive Member
Hey All,

Can anyone recommend nice complexes in CT to suit a single person. I am looking for a decent size place, at least 65m2. It is very hard to find places to rent with modern finishes. My criteria are:

- Budget [edit] R5-7k excl Elec.
- Modern
- Off-street parking
- Not tiny
- Within about 25km of the Airport, as I travel frequently.
- Balcony
- Clean
- Quiet
- (Would prefer 2 bedroom, but not required)

After browsing online it seems like a very tall order, so I would very much appreciate anyone who can comment from experience of living in these places. I have seen 1 or 2 modern looking complexes in Rondebosch / Claremont, and a place called Urban Spin in Plumstead. And I believe there are some nice (but expensive) places in Century City. Also, does living in the Northern Suburbs make trips to the CBD tedious outside of rush hour?

Thanks for the effort.

Bromster

Last edited:

wikk3d88

Expert Member
You will need to up that budget significantly. Rentals in CT are crazy. Busy looking to buy at the moment

rubytox

Expert Member
Goodwood, Thornton?
You will have to up the budget.
There's a nice, modern complex in Thornton with a view of the mountain, the Jewish grave yard and railway line at the back.

azbob

Honorary Master
Rondebosch Village meets all your requirements. Over R6k though.

rubytox

Expert Member
With that budget, your alternative is to go for private rental in someone's backyard.

bromster

Executive Member
Up my budget? OMG this town... OK could stretch to R7k. Would that help?

rubytox

Expert Member
Sure would. You might be able to get one of those small modern units in Muizenberg ... with a sea view. Warning, if you have a cat, you won't be able to swing a cat in there.

Hosehead

Executive Member
Sure would. You might be able to get one of those perpetually sand blasted small modern units in Muizenberg ... with a side bay view. Warning, if you have a pet rat, it won't be able to flick its tail in there.

Now, now, don't be so generous in your estimates. I'll FIFY.

ponder

Honorary Master
Goodwood, Thornton?
You will have to up the budget.

What's up with the fascination with CT? Goodwood (I've lived there), Thornton are schiteholes compared to other places in the country. It seems there's a lot of hype involved here, as much as I hate jhb I reckon you would be better off there for the same money than in CT and I'm a coastal boy.