Record 63,880 people murdered in Brazil in 2017

alqassam

Expert Member
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-...ople-murdered-in-Brazil-in-2017/2451533867617

A man holds a poster with a drawing representing the Brazilian councilor Marielle Franco in which it reads "Who killed Marielle?" during a symbolic protest that rejects her murder in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on March 20, 2018. Data released by the Brazilian Public Security Forum Thursday showed 63,880 people were murdered in 2017 including 4,539 murders of women. Photo by Marcelo Sayao/EPA

[https://www]

Aug. 9 (UPI) --*The number of murders in Brazil increased by by 3 percent to a record high of 63,880 in 2017, according to data released by the Brazilian Public Security Forum Thursday

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Welcome in the top three Brazil! Congrats!

Awesome having another BRICS member in the top 3 positions :D
The top 3 seems to be permanently attributed to Salvador, Honduras and Venezuela whose murder rate is almost double of SA's one.

SA even fails at being in the top murder rates! :D

The top 3 seems to be permanently attributed to Salvador, Honduras and Venezuela whose murder rate is almost double of SA's one.

Only Venezuela out of those have a decent population size, the other two might be considered "statistical anomalies/outliers". Our glorious rainbow nation is #1 in the world if you cut out smaller countries:
South Africa has the highest murder rate among countries with populations of 35 million people or more. The murder rate since 2011 stayed at around 32 per 100,000 but the number of murders has increased with increases in population. South Africa also has one of the highest rates of rape in the world. AIDS also is a concern there, and it has been reported that if a woman is raped, there is a 25 percent chance her attacker has HIV or AIDS.
Source: https://www.clements.com/resources/articles/Countries-with-the-Highest-and-Lowest-Crime-Rates

Our rape rate is also double our murder rate, viva ANC, viva!

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Only Venezuela out of those have a decent population size, the other two might be considered "statistical anomalies/outliers". Our glorious rainbow nation is #1 in the world if you cut out smaller countries:
They're far from anomalies, just in the midst of gang wars.

But it you want really want that much for SA to be in the top 3, I'll let you manipulate the data.

But it you want really want that much for SA to be in the top 3, I'll let you manipulate the data.
Nah, in these stats even top 50 is entirely unacceptable, but our guavamint isn't lifting a damn finger to change it for the better, they'd rather focus on land grabs ... :wtf:

Damn, I honestly though we had 60k+ murders a year.

Maybe got confused with per day or something :eek:

WTF it is easy for you to speak from 9000KM away. Either-way, the world should know by now: Stats from sub Saharan Africa is a so and so affair. To believe or not to believe. That's the real question.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
WTF it is easy for you to speak from 9000KM away. Either-way, the world should know by now: Stats from sub Saharan Africa is a so and so affair. To believe or not to believe. That's the real question.
9000kms away from where?

I'm in the middle of Johannesburg where I permanently live genius...

9000kms away from where?

I'm in the middle of Johannesburg where I permanently live genius...
So, the story you residing in France was all bullhide? Thought so .... Took me a while to expose your lies. I had to put up the bait at the right place and time. Today is my day :D

So, the story you residing in France was all bullhide? Thought so .... Took me a while to expose your lies. I had to put up the bait at the right place and time. Today is my day :D
:confused:

He's working here. He moved here from France. What's the issue here? He never claimed otherwise?