[RED ALERT: SPOILERS] Star Trek Picard Trailer

skimread

Honorary Master

So looking forward to this !!!!!
That powerful little girl that can destroy the universe is dejavu. Can't writers be original anymore. That last Wolverine movie where Wolverine and the old man Patrick Stewart have to protect a little girl who is super powerful. Same with the last X-men movie where a young adult women get super powers more powerful than anyone. Same with Captain Marvel getting super powers that make her the most powerful superhero ever. Hollywood is trying to make up for the MeToo scandal by showing women in superhero movies are more powerful than men. They should focus on stories and not repeat this same theme over and over

marine1

Honorary Master
That powerful little girl that can destroy the universe is dejavu. Can't writers be original anymore. That last Wolverine movie where Wolverine and the old man Patrick Stewart have to protect a little girl who is super powerful. Same with the last X-men movie where a young adult women get super powers more powerful than anyone. Same with Captain Marvel getting super powers that make her the most powerful superhero ever. Hollywood is trying to make up for the MeToo scandal by showing women in superhero movies are more powerful than men. They should focus on stories and not repeat this same theme over and over
Yup surprised she wasnt a transgender black Indian blah blah blah whatever the new catch phrase the libtards are using now.
Hollywood is fked up

theratman

Honorary Master
Did not think the trailer was very good. My biggest concern is Patrick Stewart, who imo looks and acts way too old(Yes I know he's old). But the inclusion of 7 and Data were a great surprise. Will see how this pans out.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I love Patrick Stewart but there are more than a few moments in the trailer with concerning acting and dialogue quality from other characters. Not feeling too optimistic about this.

theratman

Honorary Master
I love Patrick Stewart but there are more than a few moments in the trailer with concerning acting and dialogue quality from other characters. Not feeling too optimistic about this.
Agreed. Hope the pilot changes my view.

saor

Honorary Master
I was also kinda hoping for the oldschool way where each episode is a more or less a standalone adventure but there's a definite trend these days away from that style.

isie

Honorary Master
Did not think the trailer was very good. My biggest concern is Patrick Stewart, who imo looks and acts way too old(Yes I know he's old). But the inclusion of 7 and Data were a great surprise. Will see how this pans out.
I wonder if they going with the Data' resurrection ' they teased at the end of Nemesis (confirmed in the comics made for the Kelvin timeline movies) or is it just a dream sequence.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
That little girl is X-23, an animated TV character dating back to 2003 and adapted for the comics in 2004. And she was powerful in the tv series and comics as well, being a prolific killer/assassin and viewed as the perfect clone of Wolverine. And seeing as she is a clone of Wolverine, ofc she will be powerful as Wolverine himself is probably the deadliest hand-to-hand combatant in the X-Men universe. He was designed as the ultimate killing weapon after all, so his younger clone is going to be just as deadly and even more feral.

Fun fact: She wasn't created to be a ''strong independent woman'', instead she was created to appeal to a younger audience as the show runners felt Wolverine was too old and too rugged for a younger audience to relate to.

I know Hollywood is pushing the metoo thing hard, but not everything is down to that. They are utilising source material that pre-dates any agenda Hollywood may have.

Last edited: