Red Bull Mobile HD (Huawei U8800) review - (MyBroadband)

Lino

I am back
you still happy with it Linoman?

It is alright but I do find the device buggy at times, not to mention the battery life decreases with time. I would rather get the Moto Defy

demon angel

Expert Member
I just went back to compare the MB525 review(Defy), and i see the RB, HD phone scored higher,even though user opinion scored the Defy higher.

I see GSM areana rated the DEFY a tad higher then the RBM HD.

Suppose its all down to different tastes ,but i prefer the Defy due to getting way more love and attention internationally, due to being so darn tough and highly overclockable!

stricken

Expert Member
It is alright but I do find the device buggy at times, not to mention the battery life decreases with time. I would rather get the Moto Defy

Been using it as dev phone, and no problems here so far. Not everyday you find a cheap stock Froyo handset that doesn't break when you drop it.

eitai2001

Expert Member
I just went back to compare the MB525 review(Defy), and i see the RB, HD phone scored higher,even though user opinion scored the Defy higher.

I see GSM areana rated the DEFY a tad higher then the RBM HD.

Suppose its all down to different tastes ,but i prefer the Defy due to getting way more love and attention internationally, due to being so darn tough and highly overclockable!

I tried to root my Defy and bricked it :( ...

Flashgear

Flashgear
I got the Defy over this thing. Overclocked Defy to 1.2Ghz stable. Big improvement in homescreen/menu thanks to OC. Battery is good too.

Elimentals

Honorary Master
Been using it as dev phone, and no problems here so far. Not everyday you find a cheap stock Froyo handset that doesn't break when you drop it.

Stupid Q....
How many Android people here have more than 1 Android phone?

I know I have 3 But I thought I was the only one that was nuts
HTC(Wildfire/Desire/Desire HD)

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
Stupid Q....
How many Android people here have more than 1 Android phone?

I know I have 3 But I thought I was the only one that was nuts
HTC(Wildfire/Desire/Desire HD)

There's one big difference right there with Android vs iPhone. Find me an iPhone user with more than one iPhone (that isnt broken) :p
Android rocks.

I must say, i'm finding it TOUGH to beat the original G1 keyboard... anyone happy with a keyboard model?

HawkiesZA

Seems decent enough, especially considering the price.

I must say, i'm finding it TOUGH to beat the original G1 keyboard... anyone happy with a keyboard model?

Desire Z has quite a good keyboard IMO, though I've become very used to the Gingerbread onscreen keyboard.

Pavan

Expert Member
Lino your review was awesome and the first one around... Sorry it didn't get publised :/

VonPickle

I got the Defy and have already updated it to Android 2.2 and rooted it. VERY happy with the device, makes my HTC Hero look like a 3310, or worse, an iPhone :)

Here is XDA's Defy Wiki, everything you need to know to get Custom ROMS, rooting and even overclocking. Some people have reported getting the CPU up to 1.4GHZ!