Red Bull Mobile (The Good, The Bad, The Ugly)

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
So...who here has switched to Red Bull Mobile? What has the experience been like? Any problems? Any compliments? Do tell people. :)

Bighit

Expert Member
i went into the cell c store at cape gate and asked about this, they said that someone will be with me shortly. shortly 20 minutes later, i walked out.

Flashgear

Flashgear
I'm complaining.

5 days ago signed up with RBM with a Motorola Defy. The sim card refuses to connect to the internet on this phone. Put it in any other phone and it works perfectly. Put any other sim card in the Defy and it connects straight away.

Been to a Cell C shop everyday since Monday and they can't solve the issue, they just so uninterested. Such a lack of customer care or support. Taking it in for the last time today, if its not sorted out I will be ending the contract. I'm still in my 7 day period.

They keep telling me the RBM Network is having problems, yet I put the card in any other phone and it works? Bs. Tech department cut me off 3 times. And 3 times they cut the staff memebers off at the Cell C store.

FED up.

PetrolHead

Is it just me or does it seem that Cell C are getting worse and worse each month.

Flashgear

Flashgear
I fully agree ^

This is the reason I stopped using them.

Then decided I really wanted this phone, got good coverage in my area for 3G. So thought with all this new hype from them they might've improved.

I've learnt all too well. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

Sensorei

Executive Member
I'm complaining.

5 days ago signed up with RBM with a Motorola Defy. The sim card refuses to connect to the internet on this phone. Put it in any other phone and it works perfectly. Put any other sim card in the Defy and it connects straight away.

Been to a Cell C shop everyday since Monday and they can't solve the issue, they just so uninterested. Such a lack of customer care or support. Taking it in for the last time today, if its not sorted out I will be ending the contract. I'm still in my 7 day period.

They keep telling me the RBM Network is having problems, yet I put the card in any other phone and it works? Bs. Tech department cut me off 3 times. And 3 times they cut the staff memebers off at the Cell C store.

FED up.

Put the settings in manually. Problem solved

See:

Red Bull Mobile Internet Settings for Android

Last edited:

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
I'm complaining.

FED up.

Hi Tero, are you still having this problem? have you tried putting the settings manually?..please PM your contact details if the problem persists...DM

X-Gamer

Expert Member
This RBM plan, I have a few Questions:

1. The free minutes are "per-minute" billing, what tariff is used after the free minutes are used up?
2. What are the Data costs after the Bundle is used?

Shayd

Expert Member
This RBM plan, I have a few Questions:

1. The free minutes are "per-minute" billing, what tariff is used after the free minutes are used up?
2. What are the Data costs after the Bundle is used?

R1.50 per minute and 40c per meg on the bottom contract and R1.50 per minute and 30c per meg on the top one.

Sent from my apple stomping, berry crushing droid! Samsung Galaxy S.

Shayd

Expert Member
I am moving to rbm when my contact with vodacom is up. It's in december so the issues should be sorted by then.

Sent from my apple stomping, berry crushing droid! Samsung Galaxy S.

Sensorei

Executive Member
Loving my motorola defy on the RBM 200 contract. This phone is amazing value.

Flashgear

Flashgear
Yeah thanks Senorei I was struggling to find the settings cause I just gave up the Cell C store and tech support. Those worked perfectly! Loving my Defy now.

BravoFox

I cannot use data when roaming on Vodacom`s network. Closest cell c tower to me is 50km

Sent from my MB525 using MyBroadband Android App

JustinB

After putting Froyo on the Defy, and installing SetVsel, my battery life is amazing!

*147# or dialling 140 is not working for me - htf do i find out my free minutes etc remaining?