Red-hot piece of space junk crashes through pensioner's roof

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Pensioner Peter Welton was amazed when a piece of red-hot debris crashed through his roof in July. Now experts have confirmed the object had travelled hundreds of miles from outer space.

The 75-year-old had been in his bedroom when he heard a smash and found the football-sized lump of extra terrestrial debris in the loft of his home in Hull.

The great-grandfather said: 'It was a hell of a shock. If it had landed in the street and hit anybody it would have killed them.'

article-1220621-06D58DDE000005DC-535_468x325.jpg

Experts believe the 4lb dark grey object had been orbiting Earth for at least a decade

As it was too hot to handle he brought it downstairs using oven gloves.

The 4lb dark grey object was removed by Humberside Police before being taken away by the Ministry of Defence for investigation.

Mr Welton and wife Mair, 62, then received a phone call from the RAF, who said the metal mass was most likely to be space junk. This could mean anything from part of a spacecraft to a piece of abandoned satellite.

More...

He's bloody lucky it didn't hit him.

Phronesis

Expert Member
How do they know that piece of metal is metal that was designed and put in space for a reason :p? Lucky guy indeed.

davemc

Executive Member
So that's where my ashtray that I made in shop that we tried to blow up went to.
Think that I can demand to have it back?

battletoad

Expert Member
Soz buddy they'l probably give it back to that pensioner, finders keepers ykno:p