Reddit, Acting Against Hate Speech, Bans ‘The_Donald’ Subreddit

konfab

Honorary Master
I do bot research and tracking as a hobby. Though mostly in the South African context. I like to know which are the fake influence groups and what they are up to.
Why? That just sounds infuriating.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Why? That just sounds infuriating.
" I like to know which are the fake influence groups and what they are up to. "

Im in infosec and I like to know how information warfare works. IE, how its used to stoke wit and swaart gevaar in South Africa.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Whites are 6.5% or less of world population , the very definition of a minority .
Guess hate speech rules are selective.

konfab

Honorary Master
" I like to know which are the fake influence groups and what they are up to. "

Im in infosec and I like to know how information warfare works. IE, how its used to stoke wit and swaart gevaar in South Africa.
I think the malicious people are up to much worse than that, and it is much simpler than simple bot farms.

Just selectively edit a video to show a selected view point and you will have hordes of angry people writing op-eds doing your work for you. And that is a vulnerability that academics in the western world have torn open themselves. Innocent until proven guilty = racist. Guilt by association = woke.

Gnome

Executive Member
Don't know them. Never seen them.
But then again, I avoid watching content from bitter, rabid, mouth breathers.
You've definitely seen their videos, practically some of the biggest channels on both TV and YouTube.
That said, you don't have to look far for people that dislike Trump because it is basically 90% of the planet.

I don't care that you guys love Trump nor do I care if Trump gets elected again. In fact I wish he would, it would cost the US a lot and I think another 4 years of getting f@#ked by a bad president would suit me just fine. In fact I am willing take up religion again if Trump could become president for life of the US.

I'll be living in the EU eating popcorn and watching the show. It'd be great.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
You've definitely seen their videos,
You are incorrect, sir.

Unlike what you seem to think people do on the internet, I have freedom of choice and I don't click things simply because they are "popular".

Vorastra

Expert Member
I'll be living in the EU eating popcorn and watching the show. It'd be great.
That's pretty stupid and shortsighted, to be honest.
The EU's protection literally is the US.
The EU and US complement each other's economies.

surface

Executive Member
Post a list of anti-trump channels and no-one would have heard of them either...
Zuptas said - please list ALL the companies we were involved in corruption. Really? All the companies? How about I list one company that you probably didn't tinker with.

scudsucker

Executive Member

Lefties outsmarted! In truth that subreddit hasn't been active for ages, they all migrated ages ago to the above.
I'm not sure how you think that move has "outsmarted the lefties" - plenty of people have been suggesting the obnoxious create their own online communities rather than pollute existing ones. Moving to TheDullard.win is simply following that suggestion - and retreating from a large mixed community into a tiny toxic bubble of like mindless idiots.

Quite frankly, it is a win for the rest of the internet.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
I'm not sure how you think that move has "outsmarted the lefties" - plenty of people have been suggesting the obnoxious create their own online communities rather than pollute existing ones. Moving to TheDullard.win is simply following that suggestion - and retreating from a large mixed community into a tiny toxic bubble of like mindless idiots.

Quite frankly, it is a win for the rest of the internet.
Reddit is one the most visited sites on the internet - hence a slogan used by internet users that it is 'the frontpage of the time internet'. They've been outsmarted because Reddit admins think by shutting down the page that they are somehow preventing Trump fans from congregating online. But in reality that's not what has happened.