Reddit, Acting Against Hate Speech, Bans ‘The_Donald’ Subreddit

Sollie

Executive Member
Nothing quite beats getting caught in the crosss-fire.
So much this. Trolls and idiots to the right, trolls and idiots to the left. We can see mirroring of tactics on either side. Even down to the memes. I was thinking somebody (who shall not be namesd) would be right at home at the one place posted (yes, I peeked, curious). Then realized - oh, he's actually the other side (doing exactly that) :X3:

Sollie

Executive Member
not sure if trolling or stupid.

then goes on to try call it a logical error.

leaning towards stupid. but then again, members of the mental asylum are among us.
Click on the name, you'll see three buttons. The center one is the one you want. ;)

SoldierMan

Expert Member
What the heck, soon they'll be banning jokes and memes.

First they came for the conservatives and I said nothing....
Then they came for the...

We all know how that ends.

Those cheering now will be weeping later when they are the ones on the receiving end, that is what I never understood about progressives, such hypocrites.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I can understand how that will upset you. I mean white people today are fully morally culpable for stuff that other white people did 400 years ago.
:laugh:

Just endless whining and woe is me victimhood. The refrain never ends.

But yeah, beg daddy government to save us from the free market, eh konfab?

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Some of the Trump supporters are idiots but not mindless idiots, while some are trolls and some are simply contrarians. It doesn't do anyone good if they retreat into their own bubble, that will only lead to a more entrenched, "us against the world" religious like behaviour.
It probably isn't good, but it isn't a change at all. The_Donald banned everyone that didn't toe the lie with pretty extreme prejudice. It was their own little idiot bubble anyway.

Reddit is one the most visited sites on the internet - hence a slogan used by internet users that it is 'the frontpage of the time internet'. They've been outsmarted because Reddit admins think by shutting down the page that they are somehow preventing Trump fans from congregating online. But in reality that's not what has happened.
Is this some kind of strange troll bait, cos surely you don't actually believe this silliness?

Why do you think Reddit cares about Trump fans congregating online? They just don't want their website turned into a fetid sewer by them.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Anyway, back to Colbert.
Not too funny, infantile - almost slapstick.
Oliver at least has a bit more nuance in his approach
I don't know how/why anyone watches these shows routinely. It seems impossible to make a show that's good if it has to air basically every night of the week.

Only stupider thing is cable news with its 24hr 'there must be some controversial issue we can ask our panel of airhead pundits about' business model.

Last edited:

scudsucker

Executive Member
not sure if trolling or stupid.

then goes on to try call it a logical error.

leaning towards stupid. but then again, members of the mental asylum are among us.
Sorry, did I blaspheme againt the Jordy?

Like any other religion a little critical thought reduces his "pithy remarks" to the obvious bullshit they are.

scudsucker

Executive Member
Click on the name, you'll see three buttons. The center one is the one you want. ;)
There is something wonderful about someone crying about criticism and then deciding to censor that criticism in a way that merely innoculates themselves from hearing it.

There is a saying, "none so blind as those who will not see"

On the other hand I was celebrating the idiots of this world moving from reddit to thedullard so I guess I dont mind self censorship.

Good luck!

konfab

Honorary Master
:laugh:

Just endless whining and woe is me victimhood. The refrain never ends.

But yeah, beg daddy government to save us from the free market, eh konfab?
Free market = laws that that the government to pick and choose winners based on their skin colour.

Got ya famamadingdong.

It would be the free market if the government said: the state shall not discriminate against anyone based on their skin colour. And then some leftist decided that white people are to unclean to purchase coffee at their fair trade coffee shop, so banned white people from entering their shop. That is full free market capitalism, and is exactly how this issue should play out.

access

Honorary Master
Sorry, did I blaspheme againt the Jordy?

Like any other religion a little critical thought reduces his "pithy remarks" to the obvious bullshit they are.
you can say what you want about who ever you want. and i can laugh at you doing it

scudsucker

Executive Member
you can say what you want about who ever you want. and i can laugh at you doing it
You can, but I am not sure what you intend to gain from saying so.

If you choose to laugh at me, then laugh at me. I don't give a ****.

You choose to advertise that you are laughing at me: seeking approval like this reeks of insecurity.

Last edited:
Reactions: STS

access

Honorary Master
You can, but I am not sure what you intend to gain from saying so.

If you choose to laugh at me, then laugh at me. I don't give a ****.

You choose to advertise that you are laughing at me: seeking approval like this reeks of insecurity.
haha, says does not give a ****, then proceeds to reply implying giving a ****. youre on a roll!

im allowed to type lol or hahaha, but not include why or point at it. where do you get these rules from, like those poor comedians, reeking all the time. :ROFL:

do you ever express laughter or the likes online? ..i mean, there are emotes and abbreviations for it. try it

scudsucker

Executive Member
haha, says does not give a ****, then proceeds to reply implying giving a ****. youre on a roll!

im allowed to type lol or hahaha, but not include why or point at it. where do you get these rules from, like those poor comedians, reeking all the time. :ROFL:

do you ever express laughter or the likes online? ..i mean, there are emotes and abbreviations for it. try it
There is a comedic device: using a non sequitur to redirect the audience's attention in a humerous manner.

Your post, unfortunately, has all of the signs of a non sequitur, but none of the humour that could have been included.

L.O.L.

Reactions: STS

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
There is something wonderful about someone crying about criticism and then deciding to censor that criticism in a way that merely innoculates themselves from hearing it.

There is a saying, "none so blind as those who will not see"

On the other hand I was celebrating the idiots of this world moving from reddit to thedullard so I guess I dont mind self censorship.

Good luck!
The irony is lost on them.

access

Honorary Master
There is a comedic device: using a non sequitur to redirect the audience's attention in a humerous manner.

Your post, unfortunately, has all of the signs of a non sequitur, but none of the humour that could have been included.

L.O.L.
..he says while doing it himself. more iron knee. heh