See hidden discussions | Win great prizes | Get free support
yes. We have thoughts.Some of my international trading friends messaged me for some information on South Africa, was really confused till they linked me to the thread. https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/lkzviy
^^ this.Printing money is not nearly as bad as other countries and the OP makes like it is the big problem. it isn't. yet. Have you looked at Argentina?
Army officers who can't read? Doubt they are illiterate like you claim. But why is them reading so important.
Cops that never fired a gun? Surely that is part of police training.
Roaming bands of pirates? Gangsterism is more a problem in some parts of the Western Cape
Dogs being poisoned is not nearly a big problem.
Most educated citizens leaving South Africa. No, it's very hard to leave South Africa. if it was as easy to get a work visa then multiple times more would leave. But because they can't easily get work visas or citizenship and the high cost of living then most don't.
Tap water that smells disgusting? That is rare.
Murder for groceries is not a big problem as made out
South Africans having their asylum applications accepted? In fact it is the opposite. South Africans are least likely to have their applications accepted.
Elon Musk is not an Afrikaner. He is English. He didn't leave because he was disillusioned. He left as he wanted to go to the US.
Literacy rates that are falling? Rather opposite. Literacy is not falling. Competency and thinking skills are decreasing. Communistic, fake woke outrage and mob thinking is increasing.
Businesses that are leaving the country? No businesses care about profit. They are where you can make money. That's like saying housing is leaving the country.
What about what you don't mention
- BEE laws that are getting stricter
- Government money laundering of tenders to politically connected
- Appointees in government and SOEs based on loyalty not skill
- Allowed hate speech turning people radical
- They obsession by the poor to want things for free and government to give them free things
- Obsession with security
- Huge government wage bill
- Safety outdoors
- Increasing taxes
- Land expropriation
- Apathy of police and law enforcement
- Tender corruption
- National Health Insurance and Free Tertiary Education. That will cause huge problems of disgruntled educated youth and health services problems
- State Enterprises making huge losses
- Load Shedding
- Borrowing money gov can't pay back
- Zuma faction and all his chronies wanting to overthrow the president
- Threats to the judiciary
- Huge public servant wage bill
- Seeing the taxpayer as cows to be milked