Reducing social distancing in schools

Do you think the social distancing requirements in schools can be safely reduced?

• Yes

Votes: 76 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 79 48.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 5.5%

• Total voters

Brian_G

Executive Member
The sooner we switch our views from a narrow short term view, chasing waves with lockdowns that causes waves, the sooner we can get busy living again.

This virus will be with us just like others such as flu, herpes, etc. Just like you get your yearly flu shot containing the top 3 strains of the last season, so too you will get your covid shot - maybe the will combine the two.

Forget this farce of social distancing, masks, over sanitizing the next super bugs into existence. This virus is here to stay and you can make as big or as little a fuss about it as you like - does not change it.
Or not. Never had a flu shot, never will.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Or not. Never had a flu shot, never will.
Getting a shot of anything is up to you. I have had my yearly flu shot and a couple of years ago I had an MMR shot as well.

A new virus kills more people when it first spreads, those prone to die from it, and then it settles in and we carry on.

netstrider

Expert Member
Kids don't care and I don't blame them.

The whole idea is just madness.

You can sit in a taxi or crowd a mall but not a stadium or sport pitch.

50 people at a wedding and no limit in a shopping centre. Have you been to a supermarket when it's busy?

Paul Kemp

Expert Member
Anyone that eats(goes) out will have noted their own madness.
Put mask on, walk 50m across parking lot not even close to anyone, sanitise hands at the door, sit down in comparatively crowded room and then remove your mask and enjoy your freedom.
I can draw similar parallels with schools. We’re just acting like mad people to comply now.

Paul Kemp

Expert Member
Would like to hear opinions from people voting no. Not to be a dick but am interested in what the perspective is.

Brian_G

Executive Member
Anyone that eats(goes) out will have noted their own madness.
Put mask on, walk 50m across parking lot not even close to anyone...
It's very questionable if the "law" about public spaces outside could ever apply in a court of law - the virus itself in not airborne.

We walk to the shops quite often, will not wear a mask for that. I do keep some distance from others in the street with masks, out of respect for their possible concerns.
And it can be considered vigorous exercise.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Imagine little Timmy catching covid and taking it back to granny.... the guilt!

Save lives! Close schools!

Shpongle

Madness, I think they should use the golden ratio of 1.618m and spin to the left a few times while chanting ANC, ANC, ANC. This is the only way to ensure a bright future for them where they can be happy and own nothing.

grok

Honorary Master
Would like to hear opinions from people voting no. Not to be a dick but am interested in what the perspective is.
Also not being a dick, but why don't you first tell us what your perspective was on voting yes?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Also not being a dick, but why don't you first tell us what your perspective was on voting yes?
It makes ****all difference. The kids are maybe following the distance rule in the classroom, however I rode past two schools during their lunch breaks and one school during it's PT session. There was no social distancing. I also stumbled across a school at knocking off time the other day. It was business as usual.

The corona doesn't affect kids, and if granny or uncle tom are worried about the snot nose brat infecting them, then do two things, stay away from the kids and go and get a vaccine.

Leave the kids the **** alone.

Brian_G

Executive Member
Imagine little Timmy catching covid and taking it back to granny.... the guilt!

Save lives! Close schools!
You might as well lock yourself up now and throw away the key.
There will always be something slightly threatening lurking that may do you in.

Life doesn't work like this. This planetary response is just Karen disease.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
The last time I saw people social distancing was more than a year ago.

Paul Kemp

Expert Member
I already did? They aren’t really social distancing anyway. Makes no difference when they exit the school and are all in close contact anyway. Schools are just making sure they look compliant at this point. The small minority of kids that are at risk should take precautions, let everyone else get back to some sort of normality.