Refugees order Gift of the Givers out of Methodist Church in Cape Town

badtrev

Are they refusing aid because it is coming from a different religious group that they belong to? That is silly but is expected.
From my understanding, they are upset because GoG has told them that their demand to be taken to Canada is unrealistic.

Sollie

Expert Member
Are they refusing aid because it is coming from a different religious group that they belong to? That is silly but is expected.
Earlier, Jean-Pierre Bassou, a spokesperson for the group of foreign nationals taking shelter at the church, told News24 that Gift of the Givers' Ali Sablay said on radio that their bid to be evacuated to a foreign country was "unrealistic".

Sablay told News24 he did not say that at all, and he had not been on the radio to discuss the situation either.

Sollie

Expert Member
What do your get when you cross a parrot with a 10 ton elephant?

Polly wants a cracker now!

HunterNW

Executive Member
Canada - Do these Africans know it's like fcking cold there ?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Just drop them off in the middle of the Karoo... it's like another country...

HunterNW

Executive Member
Dubai - they really want to go to Dubai ? o_O
They're fcking retards. Just drop them off in Russia and say it's Canada / Dubai.

Edit.... If Hitler was still operating i'm sure he would have had accommodation ....

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

The Voice

Executive Member
It does sound like an absurd request, but for the same reason the EU cannot deport the migrants back to their origin.

The UK only deports back to the origin if their personal safety isn't at risk.

As for refusing the GoG's donations, that's just as dumb as it gets.
Not their country of origin, no, but the FIRST safe port they entered into to. So for the thousands of Syrians currently in France, that would normally be Turkey. Which means they crossed countless borders they shouldn't have in the first place.

I'm curious how these "refugees" ended up at the bottom of the map in Cape Town, though. Who took them there and why?

HunterNW

Executive Member
Not their country of origin, no, but the FIRST safe port they entered into to. So for the thousands of Syrians currently in France, that would normally be Turkey. Which means they crossed countless borders they shouldn't have in the first place.

I'm curious how these "refugees" ended up at the bottom of the map in Cape Town, though. Who took them there and why?
That is an interesting question.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I'm not sure how refugee agencies work, but is it the UNHCR's responsibility to find them another country to settle in?
They're an NGO and a relief organisation. They have zero power in terms of facilitating the movement of refugees.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a United Nations programme with the mandate to protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people, and assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.

Huh?