Refusal to get tested

ZAfrikan

How many people do you know who refuse to get tested ?
I do not want to get tested, and they cannot force me to get tested.

R13...

Honorary Master
Who is forcing you to get tested?
I imagine an employer could force you to test for yours and other people's safety. Or those cross provincial roadblocks. It's not force because they'll probably allow you to refuse but you can't go back to work or proceed with your journey. The work one is tricky as you're affecting others.

skimread

Executive Member
Would you rather force them to take a test or force to take a vaccine?

The latter is what scares me.

thechamp

Honorary Master
I imagine an employer could force you to test for yours and other people's safety. Or those cross provincial roadblocks. It's not force because they'll probably allow you to refuse but you can't go back to work or proceed with your journey. The work one is tricky as you're affecting others.
Yes, I just wanted to understand and also ask him about his option if it's the employer forcing him to get tested. I suspect some ill advised defiance.

ZAfrikan

I work from home for myself (online). I was saying if they come to my home and want me to take the test, i will politely refuse, and they cannot force me to be tested.

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
I visited a furniture shop, they took my temp and it was a bit lower, so I ask her for the apparatus last calibration certificate, on which the woman had no clue whatsoever about accurate measuring instruments and the meaning of accuracy when it matters.

John Tempus

Expert Member
If you have been traced as a contact to someone who tested positive. I don't understand why anyone would want to be difficult if such a situation could arise
I don't mind getting tested but they can come to my clean home after proving the person performing the test is covid19 negative.

The issue I have with testing ahead of actually showing symptoms is that you go right into the devils mouth possibly as a healthy person and then get infected at the area you are doing the testing.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
I visited a furniture shop, they took my temp and it was a bit lower, so I ask her for the apparatus last calibration certificate, on which the woman had no clue whatsoever about accurate measuring instruments and the meaning of accuracy when it matters.
Why would you expect them to know... //Facepalm

thehuman

Expert Member
Good chance you will get a false negative if you asymptomatic and test too soon.
If it was me who done testing would ask person to isolate for 10 days and contact if any symtoms start to show.

LetsDance

They can test to their hearts content as long as I do not pay a cent. I understand the reluctance, who wants the stigma if positive? Like having aids.

LetsDance

Or scrached the oily booger in your nose, or wiped your eye with your finger. Or kissed someone or had sex. Whatever the cause, the stigma will remain.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I work from home for myself (online). I was saying if they come to my home and want me to take the test, i will politely refuse, and they cannot force me to be tested.
Are you a Karen in that a swab of the cavity between the nose and mouth is a gross invasion of your human rights or is it something else? Anyway, post sounds like a Karen would to me.