Registering your own .co.za Domain

joker247

I would just like to find out if this is still possible to do by yourself without a hosting provider. I did this a few years back by simply filling out the form and emailing it in then paid the fees via eft which were very cheap. I would like to do this again by myself but cannot find much information on coza.net.za site about the yearly fees. I would like to determine whether it is still cheaper to do it myself or just go through an ISP. I emailed them a few days ago with no response.

Soulware Technology

Expert Member
I would just like to find out if this is still possible to do by yourself without a hosting provider. I did this a few years back by simply filling out the form and emailing it in then paid the fees via eft which were very cheap. I would like to do this again by myself but cannot find much information on coza.net.za site about the yearly fees. I would like to determine whether it is still cheaper to do it myself or just go through an ISP. I emailed them a few days ago with no response.
Not anymore. In the past an individual could manually do it. Now it must be registered through approved resellers. That have access to the API.

I may be mistaken but this is how I have it.

Your best bet is to see who has co.za. on sale for best price.

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
I did this a few years back by simply filling out the form and emailing it in then paid the fees via eft which were very cheap. I would like to do this again by myself but cannot find much information on coza.net.za site about the yearly fees.
I managed to find their fees for you

Kindly take note that the Legacy CO.ZA domain name fee will increase from R130.00 to R140.00 (excluding VAT) with effect from 1 January 2021 following a decision reached and announced by ZADNA.

Hope this helps

joker247

Kyle @ Absolute Hosting

Company Rep
Thanks. Whats the yearly fees thereafter? Does the site have to be hosted with you?
You are most welcome. Our co.za renewal fee is R91 per year and you are welcome to make use of any other provider for your hosting. We don't force you to make use of our hosting if you are just looking to register your domain with us.

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Company Rep
Thanks. Whats the yearly fees thereafter? Does the site have to be hosted with you?
In addition to what Kyle wrote we also provide free dns management for your domains that are registered with us.

Feel free to jump onto live chat if you have any questions