[RELEASE] DStv Now KODI Add-on

enerdude

Expert Member
Suddenly tonight only max 1.5mbps option for best playback. I have 20mbps line. Anybody having same issue
Yeah just noticed the same.
@js9241698 has anything changed on dstv's side? I see 1.5 mbit (576p - sd) is highest quality stream available now on any of the channels, even on channels like m-net / supersport which always had a 1080p option....

Maniac0Maniac

Hi all

Bumped into an issue I cant seem to fix. Running OSMC 2020/10/19 on a PI1 - clean install. Installed the latest DSTV Add-in from SlyGuy repo. Login works fine but as soon as I try to stream live TV I get an index out of range error. Debug logs attached.

Would be grateful if someone can shed some light on this.

1605962243339.png

Attachments

• Kodi.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 4

mclombaard

Hi guys any one having issues on merge where the guide is not showing up? Mine for the last two days hasn't been working

JeremySly

0.11.6 was just coincidence.
the actual epg file was failing to update due to dstv now blocking all access except for S.A.
So had to fix that.
A fresh merge would have fixed it :)

Quintus26

Having troubles today. Channels load, qualities load, but then the channels don't play. It may be an issue with my SmartDNS being banned (perhaps). In general, when I click on a channel it first gives a timeout message - but when I click again it loads the different quality preferences. Anyone else having troubles with the channels loading?

enerdude

Expert Member
Having troubles today. Channels load, qualities load, but then the channels don't play. It may be an issue with my SmartDNS being banned (perhaps). In general, when I click on a channel it first gives a timeout message - but when I click again it loads the different quality preferences. Anyone else having troubles with the channels loading?
Nope working fine this side. Try using google dns 8.8.8.8 and then reboot to make sure it takes effect and try again.

ItHurtsWhenIP

Hi all, anyone using DSTV Now outside of SA? I can't access it via ExpressVPN or PIA VPN. I saw a post about going into the add-on settings and changing the IP but I don't see that option when I open the add-on and go to the settings.

enerdude

Expert Member
Hi all, anyone using DSTV Now outside of SA? I can't access it via ExpressVPN or PIA VPN. I saw a post about going into the add-on settings and changing the IP but I don't see that option when I open the add-on and go to the settings.
I have tested it with Nordvpn, works fine. The forwarded for ip header setting you are talking about was removed from the addon as it no longer works. When it worked, you did not need a vpn, now you do - no sure which other vpns except nord works currently.

ItHurtsWhenIP

I have tested it with Nordvpn, works fine. The forwarded for ip header setting you are talking about was removed from the addon as it no longer works. When it worked, you did not need a vpn, now you do - no sure which other vpns except nord works currently.
Thanks mate. I contacted ExpressVPN, apparently they’ve been working on adding it to their “feature list” and tested it out yesterday but were unsuccessful.

leonb

@Maniac0Maniac
RPI doesn't support Widevine so won't work
Ill fix up the code so get a proper error
****. I just bought a rasp pi 4 to use as my media "box".

So the DSTV addon will not run on a raspberry pi 4 with Libreelec?

Why does Netflix work then? It also uses Widevine.?

enerdude

Expert Member
****. I just bought a rasp pi 4 to use as my media "box".

So the DSTV addon will not run on a raspberry pi 4 with Libreelec?

Why does Netflix work then? It also uses Widevine.?
I think @JeremySly referred to the first Pi, 4th gen should work, as you say netflix also use widevine.