[RELEASE] DStv Now KODI Add-on

JeremySly

It does require a device id to be generated when it logs in now. This is based off the device id addon setting (default is Mac address). So you may be able to change multiple devices to use the same id

Tinuva

The Magician
It does require a device id to be generated when it logs in now. This is based off the device id addon setting (default is Mac address). So you may be able to change multiple devices to use the same id
Ok that answers that, thank you.

Not sure if this is what multi choice wants. Suspect this last thing is to try and stop the black market selling Droid boxes with kodi and dstv loo gged in pre installed

Quintus26

Having troubles. Kodi 18.9 with DSTV kodi addon. The 1080p catch up content works fine. However, the live streaming is stuttering and buffering. Have to lower the quality substantially to get it to work. But every channel differs in the quality it will play at. Running the addon on Chromecast with Google TV connected via Ethernet to 50mpbs Cool Ideas fibre. Have tried to reinstall but still getting these troubles. Will try and reinstall once more.

JeremySly

reinstalling won't fix buffering. faster internet or better dstv cdn will.
you can set a target bandwidth in the add-on settings.
1/10th of internet speed is usually a good starting point.

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
Will confirm in the AM ... suiping now :p
Did you check again after playing a video for the first time after doing the new login.
Showmax only take a device space on your account once playing something for the first time. Perhaps with Dstv too?
After running a few channels I checked the registered devices on the official android app and KODI is not picked up as an device ?

I still have the same 3 devices listed as I had previously.

cpu.

Executive Member
After running a few channels I checked the registered devices on the official android app and KODI is not picked up as an device ?

I still have the same 3 devices listed as I had previously.
Excellent, glad to hear as I'm already maxed.

nova69

Tried logging in after i reinstalled kodi,followed the process like the app on android but kodi not responding after i entered the code.

nova69

Still no luck sigh.Cleared cache , restarted an did the home button method.

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
so, does the device login not work on Android Kodi 18?

I just tested on my Amazon Fire Stick running Kodi 18.9 ... all works fine .... Only odd thing is, it doesn't ask me what quality I want watch at ... and that config setting is set for "ASK"

milomak

Honorary Master
anyone else experiencing an error
Code:
Failed to login.
Check your details are correct and try again.

despite using the correct credentials?