Religious discussions

What do you think is the best solution regarding the increase in religious discussion

• Ban religious discussions

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • Create a sub-forum for religious and other philosophical discussions

Votes: 71 82.6%
  • Stay 'as is' but with heavy moderation

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Hi folks

Many people have raised concern regarding the increased number of religious discussions. Please give your views on this issue in the poll attached to this thread.

Thanks and regards,

RPM

NewsFlash

Banned
Well with the majority of atheists on this forum I doubt if this is going anywhere. I agree for a separate section and moderation on complaints as normal. But then the mod must use common sense and not be biased!

nocilah

Banned
create sub forum with fair unbias moderation.

so the moderator can not be religious nor atheist.

ie. a bot :D

Leitmotif

Expert Member
Banning religious discussions would be a bit heavy-handed. A separate section where those who care can take their discussions sounds like a much better idea.

GavinMannion

Executive Member
Hey can I volunteer to moderate it :), I am sure NewsFlash would agree that I am unbiased :p

Seriously I don't think it is possible to ban it outright and a subforum would be the best idea. I would vote for careful moderation. It is a very very touchy subject.

Toxin

Expert Member
Yeah I'm with Debbie. Create a sub-forum and if it gets out control (Crusades, Jihads, Inquisitions, referances to "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" etc.) we can dump the lot.

NewsFlash

Banned
Hey can I volunteer to moderate it :), I am sure NewsFlash would agree that I am unbiased :p

Seriously I don't think it is possible to ban it outright and a subforum would be the best idea. I would vote for careful moderation. It is a very very touchy subject.
Agreed! But moderation? :D Will need a strong character for that tho! Only a bot like IC :D will do.

sparklehorse

A sub forum, but keep it in off topic.

What does 'heavy moderation' mean anyway. :rolleyes: If you're scared of offending people, rather scrap the whole thing. What's the point in having a debate when someone else decides what can be said. There are plenty of other forums to discuss religion anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.