Religious discussions

What do you think is the best solution regarding the increase in religious discussion

• Ban religious discussions

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • Create a sub-forum for religious and other philosophical discussions

Votes: 71 82.6%
  • Stay 'as is' but with heavy moderation

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NewsFlash - I wouldn't argue for a subforum on 'conspiracy' topics, because I'm not on my knees weeping and worshipping the concept - and I'm certainly not threatening everyone else on forum with my mysterious 'holier than thou' certainty that everyone else will burn for all eternity if they dont accept my 'war for oil' theories :p Furthermore, when people argue re 911 science with me, I'll argue science back at them, I wont point to any imaginary Big Ghosts and ask them to take my argument on 'faith'.
:)
Typical comment. You just cannot stop Lamenting those guys, can you. If you hate it so much why partake if you could ignore them. Is it such and concern or attraction for You? Maybe you need to analyze your own virtues and fears.

love56k

Expert Member
No.

What will happen when the feuds spill over into the rest of the forum? Do you really want to have to sit with two posters b!tching at each other because they got into a tiff over at the religious section and it was allowed to go on ad-infinitum?

There's already more than enough of it it, as is. I see no benefit in giving such nonsense an even more fertile breeding ground.

what do you mean what will happen when feuds spill over into other threads? it happens anyway, and not only with religion, mainly because of the fact that just when the feuding parties are about to go in for the kill (or my popcorn is ready), the thread is locked or deleted, thereby denying everyone reading the thread the pleasure of bursting their spleenz and getting over it, at the time.

so i still stay, let it rip... discussions about religion are so boring anyway :p

LoneGunman

Expert Member
"You just cannot stop Lamenting those guys, can you. If you hate it so much why partake if you could ignore them."

I don't like stupidity - and especially stupidity that attempts to take the best and most noble intentions of humans, and drag them into a non scientific fairytale world of delusion, threat, supernatural rewards and superiority.
Its my duty as a thinking person, to stick my nose in, if the (as I see it) 'deluded' people are parading their absurd behaviour in front of me, and spamming for more suckers to join their little crazy world.
Apart from that - I don't mind them at all :) Some of my best friends are religious :p

"You just cannot stop Lamenting those guys, can you. If you hate it so much why partake if you could ignore them."

I don't like stupidity - and especially stupidity that attempts to take the best and most noble intentions of humans, and drag them into a non scientific fairytale world of delusion, threat, supernatural rewards and superiority.
Its my duty as a thinking person, to stick my nose in, if the (as I see it) 'deluded' people are parading their absurd behaviour in front of me, and spamming for more suckers to join their little crazy world.
Apart from that - I don't mind them at all :) Some of my best friends are religious :p
You are sucker enough to be drawn in the discussion. I think there is a much deeper reason for your obvious resentment. Go see a shrink my friend! Hate to see how you treat your best Christian friends then. Does not compute.

I define stupidity :D

LoneGunman

Expert Member
Dear NewsFlush
hmm, I state clearly my reasons and motivations - and you disregard this, and thumbsuck some idea known only to you as being my reason, and label my approach 'resentment' - I really hope you aren't someones parent, given this kind of twisted deliberate misunderstanding of clearly stated reasons. Your inability to 'comprehend' while 'seeing' seems kind of perverse. Maybe you're a troll?
Oh well. 84.21% of people thus far are pushing for a nice subforum playpen for the believers to yell and spam at each other. Praise Jeezus!

Last edited:

mancombseepgood

Executive Member
I think the whole religious thing going on is just a phase that will pass soon enough.
I have a feeling you are right... there seemed to be a distinct time when they started..
I am of the opinion that they will slow or stop if moved to their own topic... I for one won't go wondering there... the only contact i will then have is the rss bar on FF for new posts...

mancombseepgood

Executive Member
Dear NewsFlush
hmm, I state clearly my reasons and motivations - and you disregard this, and thumbsuck some idea known only to you as being my reason, and label my approach 'resentment' - I really hope you aren't someones parent, given this kind of twisted deliberate misunderstanding of clearly stated reasons. Your inability to 'comprehend' while 'seeing' seems kind of perverse. Maybe you're a troll?
Oh well. 84.21% of people thus far are pushing for a nice subforum playpen for the believers to yell and spam at each other. Praise Jeezus!
This is the reason they will continue if in the OT forum that most of us frequent... spitting insults to fan the fire.
Oh - not directed at you LG, I know everyone dabbles in it from time to time... And you have to admit you have had your fair share of spamming and plain old provocation posts... I suggest not debating with those you perceive as lunatics... it can be bad for your health.

Last edited:

kb

I say keep them in their own forum with little moderation. They make for some of the most hilarious reading I have had in a long time. Good substitute for prozac.

MyDraadloos

Expert Member
Even though I voted for the Sub Forum just a few minutes ago ..... I have changed my mind. There are enough other things to talk about.

Ban the religious content. I come here as an escape from reality, I don't need all this armchair preaching. Take it elsewhere ....... go get yourself a soapbox and preach on a street corner.

It is just getting a bit much. Had a similar experience last night at a birthday party ........ was sandwiched between a bunch of people and this made me a prime target for a holier than thou, bible toting, tea drinking, 30 year old virgin.

LoneGunman

Expert Member
New subforum created!

on behalf of Philosophy students everywhere, lemme just say I resent faith-based supernatural belief systems being lumped in with Philosophy :p

actually, where's my hankie, so I can *sniff* wave goodbye to douwdouw..
unless he starts a 911 thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.