Religious scriptures inconsistent with Science or Logic

Nick333

Honorary Master
The problem is I'm not denying that the sensations exist, I'm merely questioning their origin.
Well in this case the origin of the sensation you would experience would be the electrical pulses sent to your brain from the crushed nerve endings in your foot. :D

Nick333

Honorary Master
The problem is I'm not denying that the sensations exist, I'm merely questioning their origin.
Well in this case the origin of the sensation you would experience would be the electrical pulses sent to your brain from the crushed nerve endings in your foot. :D

To prove otherwise would first of all require an alternative hypothesis and then some evidence. Go on then. :p

Xarog

Honorary Master
Or my imagination which has created the electrical impulses as well as the foot.

Nick333

Honorary Master
I'm not arguing that all of this is in my head - I'm simply saying I cannot rule it out.
Yes, which leads us to something similar to Russells tea cup. Just because something is possible, doesn't make it probable or even worthy of consideration.

Mr TB

Banned
By chance I came across this remark about Voltaire in the Collected Essays and Addresses of Augustine Birrell (London, 1922), vol. 1 p.49; "Voltaire, who knew Pope, asserts that he could not speak a word of French, and could hardly read it; but Voltaire was not a truthful man, and on one occasion told lies in an affidavit."

Search for truth and you find it...

LoneGunman

Expert Member
search for a 10 ton truck filled with donkey sewerage, and you'll find it too..

the dodo got that above posting "By chance I came across this remark about Voltaire etc etc."" by cutting and pasting from
http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/nicaea.html
(search on the page for the phrase 'by chance I came across this remark" etc etc.)

seems like donkey dodo is reduced to feverish cutting and pasting in lieu of using the brain..

naughty and sinful to be misrepresenting himself in posting to make it seem that HE was reading something..

Last edited:

Mr TB

Banned
Voltaire Voltaire Voltaire Voltaire Voltaire

search for a 10 ton truck filled with donkey sewerage, and you'll find it too..

the dodo got that above posting "By chance I came across this remark about Voltaire etc etc."" by cutting and pasting from
http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/nicaea.html
(search on the page for the phrase 'by chance I came across this remark" etc etc.)

seems like donkey dodo is reduced to feverish cutting and pasting in lieu of using the brain..

naughty and sinful to be misrepresenting himself in posting to make it seem that HE was reading something..
Nope not claiming the quote sir, read more about nicaea and then one of your buddies defended Voltaire's so-called error when he said the bible will be extinct within 100 years. Within 50yrs he was dead and his house a storehouse for bibles... now his integrity is also sanitised...is that the word your friends like to use?

Xarog

Honorary Master
LGM

See now why I say those quotes are nothing but trouble? ;)

LoneGunman

Expert Member
if you make a quote without saying "I am making a quote" - especially one that starts off "By chance I came across this remark about Voltaire .."

you are directly implying that YOU came across a remark etc etc..

so if I hadnt pointed out that you cut and pasted the entire posting - you'd have been happy to let people think that YOU were the clever one doing all that reading..
So in essence, you've shown yourself to be a liar, by doing that.

Mr TB

Banned
if you make a quote without saying "I am making a quote" - especially one that starts off "By chance I came across this remark about Voltaire .."

you are directly implying that YOU came across a remark etc etc..

so if I hadnt pointed out that you cut and pasted the entire posting - you'd have been happy to let people think that YOU were the clever one doing all that reading..
So in essence, you've shown yourself to be a liar, by doing that.
LG I DD indeed came accross the above quoted by chance, i was not searching for something to damage his integrity. You have taken the above matter now out of context. As you will note i was very tolerant when insulted in other threads by your buddies, not running to the Moderators. An apology will be appreciated...