Remington 700 Long Action stocks

Toxxyc

Expert Member
I have for sale two stocks: A custom built stock for a Remington 700 long action (like .270 Win, .30-06 Sprng, etc.). It's a solid one-piece walnut stock finished by Arms CC in Pretoria. It has different coloured woods on on the grip cap and forend. Has a good recoil pad as well. The other is also for a Rem 700 LA, but it's a more plain stock.

The stocks have been pillar and glass bedded, so it should not take much to fit to any other Remington 700 LA rifle. It's in overall great condition, and looks like it wasn't used much. The thumbhole has a semi-target-style forend that's flattened a bit for stability. Also has holes drilled and tapped for sling mounts. The plain stock is a "hunting stock", and comes with sling mounts fitted.

Both stocks are in good condition, with some surface use marks, but nothing serious. I'll oil it before passing it on. No cracks or structural damage to either stock.

Reason for selling: I'm a lefty. Thought I could maybe modify the thumbhole a bit to get it to work for me, but I'm worried I'll damage the structure of the stock and then it'll crack when fired, so I'm rather selling. The hunting stock is not what I'm after for my rifle. Hate that I have to because they are both very comfortable stocks and look damn pretty, but alas.

Shipping would be for the buyer's account. Box would be big, but the stock itself is pretty light, so it shouldn't be too expensive. I'm looking for R2,500 for both, but I am negotiable on that.

Both stocks:

The bedding on the thumbhole stock:

The bedding on the hunting stock:

R4ziel

Expert Member
Those are so pretty, if I could afford the rest of the R-700 and justify having it I would definitely get these

R4ziel

Expert Member
Rifles aren't expensive. I paid R5,400 for mine :p
Like I say, the justification is the other part of the issue, If I have that I'd have to go hunting more, and knowing myself that would be the expensive part haha.

These stocks would make an amazing start to a custom rifle build though!

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
I don't and likely wont ever own a hunting rifle, but those are both damn pretty.

Hope you get the sale.

Have you considered trying to sell to any of the gun shops? Tactical HQ in Fourways sell various parts, they may be interested.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Yeah gunshops don't really buy stocks. They sell them, for the most part. I can, probably, but I'll have to take a knock on my price. I need the money to buy a stock that will perfectly fit my rifle, so I can't take a knock on the price, not now.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
What did you buy ? Second hand ? With scope ?
Nope, brand new. Remington 700 SPS in .30-06. Was a special price thingamabob, R5,411 for the rifle. I'll be fitting a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 Ballistic Plex scope on Lynx mounts and rings.

HunterNW

Executive Member
Nope, brand new. Remington 700 SPS in .30-06. Was a special price thingamabob, R5,411 for the rifle. I'll be fitting a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 Ballistic Plex scope on Lynx mounts and rings.
Bargain. Did you buy the scope recently or did you have it ? I've got the same scope, bought it back in the day when Burris still gave lifetime guarantees.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
I have it on my .303 Brit rifle. I want to revert the rifle back to stock, hence the purchase of a new hunting rifle. I want to make it a lekker shooting rifle as well, hence the need for a new stock. Those SPS stocks are absolute horseshit.

HunterNW

Executive Member
I have it on my .303 Brit rifle. I want to revert the rifle back to stock, hence the purchase of a new hunting rifle. I want to make it a lekker shooting rifle as well, hence the need for a new stock. Those SPS stocks are absolute horseshit.
O ok. Lol, atleast you got the rifle for cheap. I'm doing the sport hunting certificate next month so i can buy more guns. Many more guns.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
It is on Gunsite. Also on Carbonite, OLX, GunAfrica and Junkmail. Gumtree doesn't allow the sale of stocks, so it's not on there. It seems people are slow to bite.

egenis

Good luck with sale then pretty good looking stocks!
I have a 783 Long action but I changed the stock to a Gunwarrior Gen 1 chassis - so I have the original synthetic stock lying in my garage somewhere.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
I'm doing the sport hunting certificate next month so i can buy more guns. Many more guns.
I did mine through NSA (now NHSA). Did an online exam and took all of 10 minutes. Also got my dedicated hunters because I have my PH certificate. Just have to do 3 activities a year to keep it current.