Remotely turn the Geyser on and off

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Second for the CBI Astute, great little device. Works flawlessly and the smart automation feature is very useful.
The app even talks to Google Home, so I can use Home as one interface for all my disparate devices (I have astutes and xioami light bulbs).

Greglsh

I use a Shelly 1pm but I have downgraded my geysers to 2kw elements, so it basically pulls about 1850w through the Shelly 1pm, so +_ 8 amps which is half of the rating. I am just waiting for the Shelly EM's to get there certifications. I then want to use that to measure the house load against my solar production, if solar in excess then turn on geyser 1 then once that is heated for an hour turn on geyser 2 etc.

Tinuva

The Magician
I use a Shelly 1pm but I have downgraded my geysers to 2kw elements, so it basically pulls about 1850w through the Shelly 1pm, so +_ 8 amps which is half of the rating. I am just waiting for the Shelly EM's to get there certifications. I then want to use that to measure the house load against my solar production, if solar in excess then turn on geyser 1 then once that is heated for an hour turn on geyser 2 etc.
I have done this. When battery reach 100% charge and standby state, geyser1 turns on if both geyser1 and geyser2 is off. If the same state is reached and geyser1 is already on, geyser2 will turn on. When solar forecast for the day below 1kWh left then both turn off.

koogs

Has anyone in Dbn seen the CBI Astute controller in any of the local Builders Warehouse stores?

R4m80

Has anyone in Dbn seen the CBI Astute controller in any of the local Builders Warehouse stores?
Hillcrest had 4 for the past month. They don't sell unless I buy them . So I'm sure they still have.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
If anyone in the Centurion/Pretoria area is looking for those CBI Astute models, Builders Warehouse in Castle Gate has a whole bunch of them. R350 a pop if I recall correctly.

koogs

Hillcrest had 4 for the past month. They don't sell unless I buy them . So I'm sure they still have.
Thanks man. I will try and go there this afternoon. I called the Riverhorse Valley store to check if they have stock and the guy didnt know what I was talking about.......

wab512

If anyone in the Centurion/Pretoria area is looking for those CBI Astute models, Builders Warehouse in Castle Gate has a whole bunch of them. R350 a pop if I recall correctly.
Just watch out for Centurion Branch... I bought 2 earlier this week from them. It's marked at R349.99 on the shelve, but they charge you R400. And yes, they still had stock earlier this week.

ebendl

Expert Member
Just watch out for Centurion Branch... I bought 2 earlier this week from them. It's marked at R349.99 on the shelve, but they charge you R400. And yes, they still had stock earlier this week.

You can definitely challenge this with the manager! Price on the shelf is the price you should pay.

wab512

You can definitely challenge this with the manager! Price on the shelf is the price you should pay.
Yeah, don't worry... R349 is the price I paid... Just sad that I only took 2 now.. ;-)

daoudamojee

Thanks man. I will try and go there this afternoon. I called the Riverhorse Valley store to check if they have stock and the guy didnt know what I was talking about.......
Try Electra Electrical in Brickfield Rd (phone to check stock first), should be a little cheaper than Builders

BigBear

Expert Member
This might be an option anyone tried one

b81a0d8552b790311fd61d88d248fe20.png

koogs

I got one at the Pinetown BW store. They have 3 left on the rack if anyone wants one from the area.