Remotely turn the Geyser on and off

brettmcalister

I need some advice/assistance on using my 2x geyserwise max timers running from solar tubes in conjunction with the CBI astute which I have installed in the DB board and connected to the 2 x geyser breakers.

- How must I setup the geyserwise timers? Must I set them to run 24 x 7 and then control the geyser schedules from the astutes?
- if the geyserwise is off will the solar still heat up the geysers?

Thanks Brett

Speedster

Honorary Master
I need some advice/assistance on using my 2x geyserwise max timers running from solar tubes in conjunction with the CBI astute which I have installed in the DB board and connected to the 2 x geyser breakers.

- How must I setup the geyserwise timers? Must I set them to run 24 x 7 and then control the geyser schedules from the astutes?
- if the geyserwise is off will the solar still heat up the geysers?

Thanks Brett
What do you want to do with the Astutes that the geyserwise can't do natively?

sjm

Expert Member
What do you want to do with the Astutes that the geyserwise can't do natively?

Probably automate the geyser based on certain triggers (e.g. during loadshedding then geyser is off, when there is excess solar then pump it to the geyser etc). You can't control the Geyserwise remotely

Speedster

Honorary Master
Probably automate the geyser based on certain triggers (e.g. during loadshedding then geyser is off, when there is excess solar then pump it to the geyser etc). You can't control the Geyserwise remotely
Better to replace geyserwise with sonoff temp sensor then. Geyserwise and Astute are going to be tricky to work together.