renaming of threads

slimothy

Banned
whats up with mods renaming threads? I feel its a bit much if the threads title contains no bad grammatical errors or offensive material.

The problem is that the owner (starter) of the thread cannot change the title back), so in the case of Kei's thread, originally titled "Forced to leave", where 2 main issues were discussed that were a bit sensitive to myadsl, a mod renamed the thread to promote their own view of the issues and make less of the issues discussed within.

It's a bit of a slap in the face and clearly shows one sided moderation, if someone were to say start a thread saying there was no one side moderation I am quite sure the topic title would remain intact.

It seems to be a tool in myadsl's damage control toolkit. But perhaps a mod knows something I don't and would like to enlighten me.

AdLo

Expert Member
slimothy at least they aren't deleting the threads so I have no problem with mods moving, merging or changing titles of threads.

AntiThesis

Executive Member
I had a feeling I might see a thread like this pop up...

I think IC stated his reasons in the thread so we know the WHY part. The thing we don't know is whether it was offically sanctioned etc etc etc etc...

That's it. I'm changing my sig to say "Can't we all just get along? Except with Telkom. We hate you" :p

ajak

Expert Member
slimothy said:
whats up with mods renaming threads? I feel its a bit much if the threads title contains no bad grammatical errors or offensive material.

The problem is that the owner (starter) of the thread cannot change the title back), so in the case of Kei's thread, originally titled "Forced to leave", where 2 main issues were discussed that were a bit sensitive to myadsl, a mod renamed the thread to promote their own view of the issues and make less of the issues discussed within.

It's a bit of a slap in the face and clearly shows one sided moderation, if someone were to say start a thread saying there was no one side moderation I am quite sure the topic title would remain intact.

It seems to be a tool in myadsl's damage control toolkit. But perhaps a mod knows something I don't and would like to enlighten me.
DONT START.THEY ARE GOING TO CHASE YOU AWAY.AGAIN

Kropotkin

ajak said:
DONT START.THEY ARE GOING TO CHASE YOU AWAY.AGAIN
Please take a moment to remove your Shift key and clear out any obstructions in the mechanism.

It seems to be stuck.

munwaal

Kropotkin said:
Please take a moment to remove your Shift key and clear out any obstructions in the mechanism.

It seems to be stuck.
It's called caps lock.

slimothy

Banned
the thread title I was referring to has now been changed back to 'Forced to leave' from 'Forced to leave || Forcing myself to leave || give me attention' after bringing this issue up.

To me that says the mod in question agreed it was wrong.

LethalChicken

Expert Member
Rename if you must, but that rename was for no reason other than an ego boost for the renamer

"Power to the mods ..... I mean people"

Toxin

Expert Member
Personally I thought it was justified. I mean how many times has Kei threatened to leave now? ic got fed up trying to convince him to stay. So he stopped trying.

nocilah

Banned
Toxin said:
Personally I thought it was justified. I mean how many times has Kei threatened to leave now? ic got fed up trying to convince him to stay. So he stopped trying.
so does that now give him the right to change topics at his will? right... this is realy myadsl logic happening right here.

perhaps you should go fight the telkom fight, cuz with logic like that this telkom fight is going to take ages.

slimothy

Banned
why did he use the 'give me attention' bit then for me complaining about my privacy on the forum

Toxin

Expert Member
halicon said:
right... this is realy myadsl logic happening right here.

perhaps you should go fight the telkom fight, cuz with logic like that this telkom fight is going to take ages.
That's your opinion and your entitled to it.

jarr

Expert Member
slim, i see you're making yourself comfortable in your new home :D

antowan

Honorary Master
Ah again our local Batman and Robin aka Slimothy and Halicon have made their appearance to do anything but save the day. :D

The topic of the thread in question has been changed back. Thread titles should not be messed with unless they are truly offensive, but I for one can understand IC's urge to edit the title. Kei has been leaving this forum since he got here and is still leaving it appears.

:)

In short you guys can rest easy knowing that we are not supposed to change titles of threads unless they are offensive.

Kei got his title back.

I wonder where Batman and Robin will strike next?

:D

Somebody took this picture of the pair recently: http://www.poster.net/batman-tv/batman-tv-series-batman-robin-4000246.jpg