Renders leak of Huawei’s first smartphone with a pop-up camera

Currantly

Huawei is getting ready to launch a new P Smart device with a pop-up selfie camera. This midrange device is reportedly called the ‘Huawei P Smart Z’ and follows the trends that have been set by both vivo NEX S and the Oppo Find X.

These leaked renders come to us from Mobielkopen who also provide the alleged specs for the P Smart Z. For starters, the pop-up camera mechanism houses a 16Mp front-facing camera with an f/2.0 aperture. Meanwhile, this allowed Huawei to make a phone display with minimal bezels, which Huawei is apparently going to call it its “Ultra Fullview” display.

This is going to be a large 6.59-inch display with a Full HD+ resolution of 2340 x 1080 px with a pixel density of 391 ppi and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9.
Linky

genetic

Honorary Master
Yay, glad manufacturers are slowly getting rid of that horrid notch again... Except for Samsung.

Crowley

Executive Member
I've probably used my front facing camera 10 times this year for video calls. This pop up camera would be perfect.

genetic

Honorary Master
As of now not a big fan of pop up cameras maybe it will grow on me
It's only for the selfie cam. So not like you need it all the time, unless you're one of those selfie whores.

Screen Real Estate > Notch or punch holes for a shot of your ugly face.

Currantly

Screen Real Estate > Notch or punch holes for a shot of your ugly face.
What % of screen is taken up by a dewdrop notch? 1%...maybe 2%? Something like dewdrop notch really doesn't bother me at all...as long as it can be hidden. That space wouldn't really be used for anything most of the time, and you still have the normal status info displayed. To me, it's not worth having that extra mechanism for a selfie cam. If it's like the other 'pop-up' cams then it's also slower & also just another ingress point for dust & water.

Last edited:

jman

Expert Member
Seems like it would be something prone to failing. Hopefully it's made to be super reliable even with dust and water, etc