Renew Drivers license - Let the games begin

lived666

Executive Member
well I logged in and got a booking in fockville - not sure where that is but adventure time :)

google maps shows 1hr30mins,

Last edited:

unobeat

well I logged in and got a booking in fockville - not sure where that is but adventure time :)

google maps shows 1hr30mins,
I might just end up biting the bullet and book at Boksburg or Bedfordview which is 85km single trip from my place.

lived666

Executive Member
**** me, log in now and lots of spots - plus one like 20 minutes away - oh well, that ship has sailed, can't change :(

Georgios

My DL expired march 2021. Got pulled over last week and the traffic cop said I have until August this year to renew it. I'm waiting to collect my DL. Next week will have been 4 weeks since I applied for it.

netstrider

Expert Member
How do you actually get spots available. There never seems to be any available. Been struggling for a while now.

Elax

I went for my renewal in Sandton 11th of Feb. They told me to come back in 4 weeks. Went 11th of March and it wasn't there yet and was asked to come back end of March. Went two weeks ago and was told no licenses renewed in Feb had arrived yet, please come back end of April... 2.5 hours of my life I've wasted twice now

TheJman

Expert Member
I went for my renewal in Sandton 11th of Feb. They told me to come back in 4 weeks. Went 11th of March and it wasn't there yet and was asked to come back end of March. Went two weeks ago and was told no licenses renewed in Feb had arrived yet, please come back end of April... 2.5 hours of my life I've wasted twice now

Have you checked on the Natis website for your card status?

Lupus

Honorary Master
My DL expired march 2021. Got pulled over last week and the traffic cop said I have until August this year to renew it. I'm waiting to collect my DL. Next week will have been 4 weeks since I applied for it.
Your card expired in March, not your drivers license. Even if it was expired all he can do is advise you to renew it.

lived666

Executive Member
So drove all the way to Fochville, old school type little town, has more fire trucks than the city of JHB (shhh), lots of traffic police all over, very neat popo, haven't seen uniforms this smart in a long time. Took 3 hours on the dot - about 2 hours 20 mins for the registration and 40 minutes to pay.

They only have two stations and two cashiers but they don't always run simultaneously, also the cashier line gets very long after 12 because you have all the learners etc.

Anyhow, no drama, except the queue was formed wrong way round, caused a lot of confusion, and white people just don't like waiting - man the complaints. Having the eye test done early doesn't stop you from waiting in line, it just saves time and you don't have to put your head on their machine.

Anyhow supposedly 6 weeks wait - not sure if I can check if its ready or not - it is just too far a drive if its not.

netstrider

Expert Member
So drove all the way to Fochville, old school type little town, has more fire trucks than the city of JHB (shhh), lots of traffic police all over, very neat popo, haven't seen uniforms this smart in a long time. Took 3 hours on the dot - about 2 hours 20 mins for the registration and 40 minutes to pay.

They only have two stations and two cashiers but they don't always run simultaneously, also the cashier line gets very long after 12 because you have all the learners etc.

Anyhow, no drama, except the queue was formed wrong way round, caused a lot of confusion, and white people just don't like waiting - man the complaints. Having the eye test done early doesn't stop you from waiting in line, it just saves time and you don't have to put your head on their machine.

Anyhow supposedly 6 weeks wait - not sure if I can check if its ready or not - it is just too far a drive if its not.
I used to go to Heidelberg which is also much better than others in Gauteng.

Lupus

Honorary Master

I drove to Krugersdorp last year July, the longest part was the drive.

rvZA

Executive Member
I logged onto eNatis and it too showed 0 spots.

I refreshed and 0 spots again.

A third-time lucky and I got a spot at my local testing station within 3 days.

While completing my information, the system times out and booking is not made.,

Started afresh.

First go, 0 spots.

Second refresh and I found another booking at my local testing station in 3 days.

Lucky for me, this time the system accepted everything without timing out and booking was confirmed.

Maurice Kitching

Possible to book in Cape Town? I've heard it's damn near impossible to renew without doing the 05:00 in the queue thing.

TheJman

Expert Member

So I'm banking on the fact that the site has a check your status link and it shows whether the card is in production or if it's been delivered to DLTC - problem is @Elax indicated that his says that it's been posted to DLTC and he went there and it's not there...

Mine now says posted to DLTC - will go soon and let you know

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Are you trolling lol? The expiry is on your card.

There’s been a grace period for those that couldn’t renew during lockdown.

My card expired when I was overseas in 2009.

When I came back to SA in 2013 I just went to traffic cop shop and applied for a new one. Paid normal fees and got it no questions asked.