Renew Drivers license - Let the games begin

lived666

Executive Member
checked enatis for my licence update and it says:

Your driving licence card has been produced and posted to the Driving Licence Testing Centre (DLTC). Check in a few days when you can go and collect it.

I seriously hope they don't use the ****ing post office when they say post because in that case, if I'm lucky, I might get the new card next year sometime.
still says posted.......sigh

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan

Your driving licence card has been produced and posted to the Driving Licence Testing Centre (DLTC). Check in a few days when you can go and collect it.

I seriously hope they don't use the ****ing post office when they say post because in that case, if I'm lucky, I might get the new card next year sometime.
Not sure if it works but you can try SMS your ID number to 33214

So Midrand license department :
Go to the building on the right for the form
Then you must go to the building on the opposite side (left across the "road")
Watch the person in front get gifts like tea (This is real)
Walk to the gate and wait in the right queue (left queue is for paying) if you have your eye test etc you will be asked to walk passed the cashiers and walk into the first room on the right.
Watch 10 staff talk shyt
Now wait and try and guess which person is actually "working"
In the same room they will do your fingerprints and pictures.
Now wait in the line for paying
Always remember that staff are trained at checkers etiquette academy.

It took only about 1:40

DaemonZA

Perhaps this might help some people in the future.

I made this twitter bot, https://twitter.com/dltc_alarm because it's a damn pain trying to find an available booking slot for renewing your drivers license. You can follow, and allow notifications to be told when slots are available at a center; then unfollow when you done. It's extremely noisy, because it updates every 5 minutes just as the numbers decrease...

I'm thinking of putting a simple app together that can deliver specific center type notifications, but for now; this works...

Elax

Perhaps this might help some people in the future.

I made this twitter bot, https://twitter.com/dltc_alarm because it's a damn pain trying to find an available booking slot for renewing your drivers license. You can follow, and allow notifications to be told when slots are available at a center; then unfollow when you done. It's extremely noisy, because it updates every 5 minutes just as the numbers decrease...

I'm thinking of putting a simple app together that can deliver specific center type notifications, but for now; this works...
Thanks for this. Places opened up for my wife's renewal close to us just after I read this and followed. Made a booking and 5 minutes later the other 20 odd were already taken.

lived666

Executive Member

so 2 weeks after this and it still says:

Card Status:

Card posted to DLTC.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
so 2 weeks after this and it still says:

Card Status:

Card posted to DLTC.

Mine stayed like that for 3 months. Finally went to go look and they had it with a big sign saying they only keep cards for 120 days after issue date, before cancelling it.

So you better of to check yourself but don't wait to long before you do.

lived666

Executive Member
Mine stayed like that for 3 months. Finally went to go look and they had it with a big sign saying they only keep cards for 120 days after issue date, before cancelling it.

So you better of to check yourself but don't wait to long before you do.
ok, will give it 2-3 more weeks and then just go - my booking was some hole-in-the-wall town in the middle of nowhere.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
How long before your license expires can you renew it?

You can renew it whenever you want. Last time I renewed my drivers licence 6 months before it was due to expire because I was going to be overseas for a few months during the period when it was going to expire.

geezer

Expert Member
I went for my license renewal yesterday, here in Sasolburg. Very effortless experience. Walked in and completed the application form. A very friendly lady was around for assistance and checked everyone's forms to ensure it's been completed correctly. She asked for my proof of residence, which I then realised I neglected to bring it with me. I phoned my wife and asked her to please bring it to me and after I phoned her, this lady arranged for me to continue with the process.

She told me that I'll only be able to pay after I have shown her my proof of residence. Before I finished everything my wife arrived with the proof of residence, which was then shown to this lady. I was then allowed to stand in the queue for payment with about 4 people in front of me. This entire process took less than 1 1/2 hours.

Advice to others, take along your own pen, ensure you have your proof of residence and take along the correct amount in cash! The amount payable was R186 and I paid R190 and they could not give me R4 change. I do not know about other centers, but this one did not have card facilities. Photos was not needed, they took it there at the testing station as part of the renewal process.

Matt91

Expert Member
I just received my new license disk, I did it through FNB app. I apllied on the 23rd of this month and I have received it today. Painless experience and surprisingly quick, the best R199 I've spent.