Rentmaster - your experiences

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
^ Jeez and to think I was willing to use Rentmaster for their so called guarantee :eek:

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
We are in the process of getting signed up with them for an existing tenant. So far I am impressed with their response times and provision of information. In the information it is made clear the credit check needs to be done and they can do it for us for R105 or we can do it ourselves. No confusion here.

Currently Rentmaster has our mandate to act and is just waiting for the tenants to send through all required items like bank statements, payslips etc.

Will update

3WA

Executive Member
Revive a old thread

Anyone used Preferental?
Bump. Also want to know if anyone has had good or bad experiences with Preferental or Rentshield. Rentmaster is out after reading the posts above.

surface

Executive Member
So, RM has washed hands off by saying 'Act of god'

The status of your rental guarantee during lockdown / the National State of Disaster

Dear Clients,

When the State of Disaster was announced, we were all presented with a unique set of circumstances to cope with. The number one question we have received is, ‘What happens to my rental guarantee during a time like this?’

Simply stated, a State of Disaster means that a Force Majeure, otherwise referred to as “an Act of God”, is now in effect. This means that all current and active Extended Guarantees will only be covered to the value of the deposit held by RentMaster.

surface

Executive Member
In short you basically paid them for nothing?
Well, there is no legal protection now which they would do otherwise in non-corona situation. They are just doing what any insurance company would. /shrugs

saturnz

Honorary Master
rentmaster is around the corner from where I live, I met the CEO a month ago, nice guy