Reposting private PM/EMAIL and posting of personal information - Ban warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoa... what happens if i send a quote of a pm via another pm to someone else and then that person posts it... then do both the people get banned... cuz you know... that's thin ice terrority cuz in effect both people are then guilty. :D

ajak

Expert Member
What A Boykie

JStrike said:
RolandD : "Intellectual property......bla bla bla…why don't you apply for a patent ? "

Real constructive that. Do you not understand the concept of Intellectual Property rights?
THANKS BUD

st3ve

You know that funny feeling you get when you walk into a room and ever so slightly suspect everyone was just talking about you?:eek:

Vio

Expert Member
IC, fair I agree with this from that perspective, I just think that banning someone(even if its only for a day) for quoting someone else is a bit harsh. I personaly believe banning should only happen as a last resort, last thing you want to do is ban someone who just plain "didn't know". A more responsible penalty would be warning and if the warning is not heeded then a ban.

Ag well this thing has dragged on long enought, you know where I stand ;)

teh first violator of this rule has not had acton taken against them, they said it was a press release HOWEVER press releases might start with 'Dear members of the press' (but ussually not) but I think this is the first that starts with 'Dear members'

also people dont ask the press for donations, its clearly a adressed to members of a certain group who have donated before and therefor without express written or implied roal consent from the author of the letter or head of the organisation we can consider it a private email NOT meant for the forum

I have no problem with the rule (well the 1 day ban is a little ridiculous) if it is enforced evenly and fairly however its day 1 and antowan has already moved the goal posts.

this rule like alot of the others isn't meant for everyone, it is meant for a few.. i bet if ajak posted some members only spam he got in his inbox he would be banned for the day, but of course we all know myadsl doesnt enforce rules fairly anyway

st3ve

From now on I want to be called St3phanie

slimothy said:
teh first violator of this rule has not had acton taken against them, they said it was a press release HOWEVER press releases might start with 'Dear members of the press' (but ussually not) but I think this is the first that starts with 'Dear members'

also people dont ask the press for donations, its clearly a adressed to members of a certain group who have donated before and therefor without express written or implied roal consent from the author of the letter or head of the organisation we can consider it a private email NOT meant for the forum
blah blah blah
Lordy, Lordy this is beginning to sound like 'Life of Brian' Look the fact is that I received a press release from EWT, it was addressed to EWT members, although I am not an EWT member, why it was addressed to EWT members and not members of the press I don't know. At any rate I posted this 'spam' over here because I thought that mybroadband members may or may not wish to assist the said Wildlife Foundation.

I had not read Antowan's post about submitting private messages into the public domain and even if I had I would have still gone and posted it simply because Press Releases in their very nature seek publicity and since publicity is an antonym to privacy I'm justified.

well let me say my attacks arent attacks, i just point things out, if its erroneous id love people to point that out, thats what this whole freedom of speech thing is about.

how did i get appointed an op? hmm well, first I made the actual channel myself and started the campaign to save the efnet za link myself (which worked btw and is a primary reason why we even have a za efnet link anymore), then i organised a bunch of q & a's myself, organised chat sessions myself and asked rpm to make it the official chan AND msgd mods to come in the chan and take it over.

I told rpm he could send the mods in, they could be op and i would gladly step down, he said i could stay as an op without a problem since I did you know EVERYTHING. I then added every mod who ever entered the channel to the bots so they are ops, and thats pretty much how it went down.

These days I idle there sure, but i keep myself deopped, course i could op myself whenever but you know.. who honestly cares about ops in some channel.. well besides you.

I don't attack the forum, i try make it better, if theres wishhy washy stuff happenening i bring it up, if you must see it as an attack, see it as an attack against you, not the forum, its for the good of the forum to discuss sensitive issues like mods not moderating fairy etc

heres the thing, you seem to have troll liek behaviour towards me, not antowan, antowan can take a joke or let a stupid comment slide, i like antowan, peapod has that quality too, i have spoken to therodent, although i dont always agree with him, he seems liek a solid guy with experience under his belt... but you are the one who seems to hunt down my posts liek you have nothign better to do, insert the word troll a few times in some essay you address to me and assume i care, ive tried to explain to you that i dont, or that i dont like you etc but it never sinks in, so let my last statements in this topic say it all

i think myadsl is a good forum, and i like it enough to contribute, i think the community is fine, i think the mods can on occasion act like kids (so can members but members are just regular users so its OK for them to do it), I think ic looks for my posts just so he can type the word troll (which ironicly.. is trolling) and I think someone should get ic a girlfriend

st3ve

Hey slimothy at first I thought that was about me, but now I see it's about IC.

For the record I love you all equally in this forum!

Geez, and I'm going out on a limb here, but I even think I love our little Ajak:D

slimothy said:

i think myadsl is a good forum, and i like it enough to contribute, i think the community is fine, i think the mods can on occasion act like kids (so can members but members are just regular users so its OK for them to do it), I think ic looks for my posts just so he can type the word troll (which ironicly.. is trolling) and I think someone should get ic a girlfriend
With that kind of mentality, no-wonder mods have a "Ban" button.

I actually think the mods are very lenient on users [such as YOU, Ajax and Vio] and if i was a mod, you would have been banned a long time ago.

You [and your buddies] who ALWAYS think you are above the law [also questioning admins about things:rolleyes: ] and then have audacity to say mods are on power trips deleting a few threads..jeez a powertrip is like banning 10 users all at 1 time!

my appologies, this is gone off track, and ic edited his post to not talk about me in the myadsl irc channel but to talk about a business venture i have and question my credibility in handling matters

ok 2 things, I was just bringing up the st3ves post not because im trolling but to point out this rule will NEVER be properly enforced, st3ve i saw you link to maddox's site in your sig, that probably means we have somethign in common, and i was playing around, i dont actually think your post violates any ettiquete, however i just wanted to show if you follow the rule to the letter it will stop a bunch of usefull posts such as yours

ic, read the thread knobhead, I dont handle anybodies bank or cc information, you're just going off at any thing ive done now because you're angry i called you a **** in that other thread, but this is sort of why i think you're a ****, so what, i call you **** and you come here to call me a troll (Oh noes, not a troll!!!, yeah lack of creativity there mate), then ask how i became an op in #myadsl and question my business ventures.

its just like you need any reason to go off at me, look, dude, whatever you know, i dont care enough to do this again.. so turn this into another thread about me, with pleasure, but dont direct these comments at me because im not gonna reply

this is like that thread i saw that you did that was directed at me that i only saw like 4 days after it was closed about some speed test or something, how can i make it clearer I DON'T CARE, isn't ajak the new "troll" anyways? i think you'll have better luck trying to rope him into an argument

P.S. St3ve, maddox is writing a killer book coming out feb man, after that hes gonna be HUGE:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dominic Rooney said:
With that kind of mentality, no-wonder mods have a "Ban" button.

I actually think the mods are very lenient on users [such as YOU, Ajax and Vio] and if i was a mod, you would have been banned a long time ago.

You [and your buddies] who ALWAYS think you are above the law [also questioning admins about things:rolleyes: ] and then have audacity to say mods are on power trips deleting a few threads..jeez a powertrip is like banning 10 users all at 1 time!
stop grouping me or anyone else who might disagree with you or myadsl policy in the same group, I HAVENT EVEN SAID I DISAGREE WITH THE RULE, i just said its not going to be enforced fairly

I dont know ajak and I only know vio because i got him his psp, thats it, you make it sound liek we're a conspiring force, I don;t know if they msg each other and work toegther or whatever but i have my own opinions and stand on my own. stop being wanks

jjtoymachine

so if i get a nice little email from a friend at telkom discussing and proving the bisexual sex lives of telkoms CEOs i will not be able to post it??? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.